The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited August 2012

Aww forget it. Need a delete button.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,966
    edited December 1969

...yeah, but then we'd probably have broken threads again.

edited December 1969

Shading is pretty much close to being done.

gryph-swallow-wip__web.jpg
    600 x 455 - 57K
    edited August 2012

Okay now I think it's finished :3

Bit of Filter Forge action for the "background", and a texture from the "Architectural Showroom" 3DTotal DvD for the "floor". Shadow painted by hand - a dark, blue-gray color set to 40% Multiply then blurred.

Remember, Claz (The gryphon) is a tiny thing, so I tried to give that impression when positioning the floor and wall. I kept the wood texture big.

gryph-swallow-web.jpg
    698 x 529 - 124K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hehe wonderful ! I'm stuck at work, outside there is traffic chaos and rumours of a gas leak that we all have to stay indoors to avoid. Needs beer and pizza :)

edited December 1969

Drew in his other wing, as I felt that the mostly hidden wing I had before didn't look natural. I think it looks MUCH better now.?

gryph-swallow-web.jpg
    650 x 493 - 111K
    edited December 1969

Terrific @rezca, real nice drawing and a very appealing character as well :)

edited December 1969

Thanks~ *hugs*

It's my first time drawing a gryphon or even feathers for that matter, so I'm quite impressed at how well I did.

I'm almost as impressed that no one is commenting on how disgusting the scene is XD

edited December 1969

Don't know what all the fuss was about but walked home in the rain in the end, past legions of emergency services and police none of whom looked gassed or otherwise suffering to me, so I guess we're safe after all :)

edited December 1969

wow I guess there was a gas leak

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hehe wonderful ! I'm stuck at work, outside there is traffic chaos and rumours of a gas leak that we all have to stay indoors to avoid. Needs beer and pizza :)

beer!

wantz

percolating hazelnut coffee instead.

edited December 1969

Nursoda items on sale for Hein. and a rendo coupie out.
    i have a few dineros set aside for proof copies, maybe i should un-aside a few dineros. Zwen for Hein, so key-yooot

reshuffling an already tight toy money allowance to squeeze in a plush ghidorah and original ultraman episodes dvd.

haven't even checked the fastgrab yet today. not sure i wanna know. my w/l is mostly pa items, not expecting those to be on sale.

aug-14th. time to start working on christmas calendar. i didn't get them done in time last year.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Drew in his other wing, as I felt that the mostly hidden wing I had before didn't look natural. I think it looks MUCH better now.?

Wow that looks really nice! All done in Photoshop? :wow:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,142
    edited December 1969

I am at my mum's. She has an old Dp computer my stepfather wants me to see why Internet is not working. I cannot Stat ie or firefox. Also when I go to network controls I see two lan up and running. I cannot disable either. He wants to barrow my desktop while I am visiting but I do not feel comfotlrtable having anyone else use my computer.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Yikes, not good! Glad nothing exploded!!! :gulp:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Start it in safe mode (pound F8 as it boots) and see if you can then stab those LANs. If not and LAN is embedded on the motherboard, go to BIOS and disable it there (pound delete -- most likely -- as it begins to boot). If it is a separate card, remove it, boot, and remove the useless drivers, plug things back to normal and forcibly reinstall new drivers.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Oh hey! It is Tuesday! Freebie day!

edited December 1969

Tuesday complaints!!!!

- Fingers are sensitive as heck today, oww
    - Foot still hurts, feh
    - Got a new project, more work, less time
    - Cute portable Dell is impossible to write on due to tiny 14in screen
    - Too many ideas not enough time
    - I think I need new reading glasses
    - think I need a larger monitor at home
    - Need a vacation but traveling with my meds and test kit is apparently problematic
    - Need a bbq grill for home, tired of "grilling" indoors
    - Need a coffee machine and electric kettle for my writing space at home
    - Need more patience
    - Need more persistence and stickto-it-iveness
    - Need to spend less time in chat and more on writing
    - Need more sleep (but don't we all?)
    - Maybe need a 10in Android tablet for portable note-taking, or need to relearn to write on REAL PAPER
    - Could stand a little artistic talent
    - Need my head examined, I think I'm crazy to even bother trying this writing thing :ahhh: :roll:

I think that about covers it for today. I'm probably going to sell my Dell D610 on Craigslist, it really is harder to read and write on than my Android tablet, which has a VERY clear display. Weird! :smirk:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Oh hey! It is Tuesday! Freebie day!

Ooooh freebies! I loved the last two, while I haven't managed to use the grill yet, I have the island in use on a horror scene!!! :vampire:

I found a killer Godzilla-alike in the Daz store too, there goes more of my money.. lol.. sigh.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Glad there wasn't an explosion.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,928
    edited December 1969

Gas leaks are freaky

edited December 1969

I found a great bicycle I wanted!!!!! :coolsmile:

It costs $2790! :ahhh:

I think I'll walk.. geesh.. New Balance shoes, $130, walking socks, $20... meh.

edited December 1969

I just bought a BLUE DRAGON KEYCHAIN!!!

http://www.animenation.com/ge4558.html

..should be here in a couple of weeks. Finally, a nice, cool keychain! Woot! :coolsmile:

Still need my Godzilla: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/kaiju-the-giant-monster ..for some serious city-stomping!

Maybe next Payday.. sigh..

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sure... Wooly, sure. In the mean time here's my stuff for today.

Had a treatment this morning. Just a little fuzzy in the head.
    Had a no good member of the family try to borrow money, shot them down.
    Not enough people posting to hit my next Member level with out Padding my post count.
    Very very bored, just so darn BLAH today.
    To much exercise today, running on empty now.

All in all not a bad day so far, just not a great one either.

edited December 1969

Morning. Cool day, the sun must be out there somewhere :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Yikes, not good! Glad nothing exploded!!! :gulp:

Only thing asploding today is my brain ;)

edited December 1969

I am at my mum's. She has an old Dp computer my stepfather wants me to see why Internet is not working. I cannot Stat ie or firefox. Also when I go to network controls I see two lan up and running. I cannot disable either. He wants to barrow my desktop while I am visiting but I do not feel comfotlrtable having anyone else use my computer.

What Sariki said, Safe Mode will be your friend :)

edited December 1969

too tired to cook anything. too tired to install sr3. my shefreak2 doesn't have a thing to wear, poor gal

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,142
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

What Sariki said, Safe Mode will be your friend :)

Tried safe mode without able to disable either extra lan.

I want my own place to live. I want a job. Right now I am visiting my mum. It can be so stressful. My stepfather keeps making big issues out of little things. Argh

edited December 1969

The sun came out :) Chicken wings in a box for lunch today, I'll sit in the sun and eat them :)

This discussion has been closed.