Bryce 7 Pro will NOT! install

circletrack15circletrack15 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey Guys,
I have installed Daz3d 4,,,Hexagon 2,,with no problems!! Its great!! BUT!,, I have tried to install Bryce 7 Pro 6 times and I get an error message when I try to launch it!!

C:\Program Files (86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce.exe

The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please
see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Iam at a loss on what Iam doing wrong?? I have followed download instructions the way it says but nothing. I do not need the lightning.exe as I only use one pc,, But! I did try installing all 4 exe files and I still get this error message. There is nothing wrong with my pc it is something else. I have windows 7 64bit. Just in case it helps,,,, each time I install each exe folder it installs just fine when Iam done and click desktop short cut I get this. PLEASE someone help!! I am very new to 3D and anamation but am hooked and really want to make this a part of life!!! Help!! Thanks and God Bless!!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You will probably find that you have a missing .dll in your visualc+

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948854

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

You need the x86 one, 32bit, as Bryce is a 32bit application.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try this, Install Bryce to C: not into any of the Program folders. The swap files cause the error. Mine is in C:\Bryce and works just fine.

• circletrack15circletrack15 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fast responses guys! Aim sorry for the delay working aloft of overtime. I tried first to install just in my C drive as you said but got an error message when i went to launch? Soooo i downloaded the .dll file Microsoft and.......... rapture!!!! It works great!!!! Thank you very much for the help!!!!! Now i can learn. Thanks