Daz3d, View: Pan - with middle mouse button..? Can I configure it.

41afe24c1f41afe24c1f Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi

the first time I used Daz3d I thought it was obvious that I can move my view around while holding down MMB (because in most D3 applications you can do that).

1. I want to eliminate the fact that I have to click and hold down the virtual 'View: Pan' button in order to move my view..
2. When I hold CTRL and then press MMB I would want to rotate the view

I can't find any tutorials that would teach me how to do that, that leaves me wondering...... is this.. even possible?

Thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,476
    edited December 1969

Go to Window>Workspace>Customise and look at the bottom of the dialogue - select the function you wish to edit, right-click the current short cut to get the change option, and click/press the combination you wish to use.

• 41afe24c1f41afe24c1f Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Go to Window>Workspace>Customise and look at the bottom of the dialogue - select the function you wish to edit, right-click the current short cut to get the change option, and click/press the combination you wish to use.

• YES!! That was frustrating me, too.

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265

Excellent I need to do this! (Sometimes it's so jarring going from another 3D application to Daz in the same workflow)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Learn something new every day! I wasn't aware it could be customized and have been doing it that way for a couple years. Thanks Richard!

• and to think I just accepted it for what it is all these years...

• This should be a standard, it's so frustrating working with daz, it's so unintuitive...

• pintoleiteluis said:

This should be a standard, it's so frustrating working with daz, it's so unintuitive...

The problem is that there are multiple standards for viewport navigation, your experience may lead you to expect middle mouse button but that is not universal.