Forgotten The Alternative To Auto-Fit To Keep Morphs. Reminder Pwease?

BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello my little fruitypops,

A while ago, before the end of the world, someone posted an alternative to using Auto-Fit, which did the same job but preserved an item's morphs.

I know it involved changing the figure geometry to triax weight mapping, but I've forgotten the settings for the figure transfer stage and I really really did try to find it before I posted this, honest.

Can someone help me out by reminding me of the full procedure?

Thanks again,
Barry.

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited July 2012

Scene sub-menu > Edit > Figure > Transfer Active Morphs?

Or possibly just the Transfer Utility. You probably want that not TAM.

Post edited by adamr001 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Cancel the AutoFit dialogue, if it appears (it appears only when the clothing is fitted to Genesis).

Select the clothing and convert it to weight-mapping (I think it's in the Edit menu now, but it's certainly in the Scene palette option menu - right click on the tab, then go to the Edit sub menu). Leave TriAx selected and click Accept.

Next launch the Transfer utility (again, I think it's in the Edit menu but it's also in the Scene pane's option menu, in the Asset sub menu). As Source seelct Genesis, and for the Shape select Clone and then the figure the clothes were made for in the pop-up dialogue. For Target pick the converted clothes. Click the button to show extended options and check Reverse source shape from target. Optionally pick a template, as you would using AutoFit. Click Accept.

That should give you converted clothes with the morphs intact.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the better detailed version Mike. :)

Auto-fit starting in the 4.5RC now preserves morphs. :) :) :)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Cancel the AutoFit dialogue, if it appears (it appears only when the clothing is fitted to Genesis).

Select the clothing and convert it to weight-mapping (I think it's in the Edit menu now, but it's certainly in the Scene palette option menu - right click on the tab, then go to the Edit sub menu). Leave TriAx selected and click Accept.

Next launch the Transfer utility (again, I think it's in the Edit menu but it's also in the Scene pane's option menu, in the Asset sub menu). As Source seelct Genesis, and for the Shape select Clone and then the figure the clothes were made for in the pop-up dialogue. For Target pick the converted clothes. Click the button to show extended options and check Reverse source shape from target. Optionally pick a template, as you would using AutoFit. Click Accept.

That should give you converted clothes with the morphs intact.

That's the one, thanks Mike.
  • mysticalpixelsmysticalpixels Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

Auto-fit starting in the 4.5RC now preserves morphs. :) :) :)

Does this also apply to hair? I bought Valkynne hair but when I auto-fit it to Genesis, it loses all the morphs. I am using DS Pro version 4.0.3.47, but will upgrade if advised. Thanks!

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I think the method above works with hair but I haven't tried it recently. Think I tried it a while ago.