(Released) dforce Regina Hair for G8F [Commercial]

ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879
edited September 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Long dforce hair with sideswept bangs for G8F now out! - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-regina-hair-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by Toyen on

Comments

• I like the look of this!

• Cool.
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

Looks real, just hope there are morphs to raise the top, since it looks a little flat

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,879
    edited September 2020

There is no morph to raise the volume just at the top/near the roots but 3 simulation settings that control the hair's overall volume are included.

The first two images are default volume and the third and fourth are low and medium volume. There will be a promo showcasing side by side comparison of all 3 with the same pose and shape on the product's page :)

Post edited by Toyen on

The hair is now out! - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-regina-hair-for-genesis-8-females

Simulation tips:

- most poses don't need more than 100 frames of animation to simulate
    - make sure there is no poke-through with the hair and the figure on frame 1 (apply pose/shape gradually during animation)
    - apply morphs before simulation

Happy simulation and rendering!

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Looks very nice! In the cart it goes. 

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 212

I love this look but agree that the top does look a bit flat from the promo pics, or rather that the sides are not tapered enough?  Also, is it possible to have a morph for behind ears?

• As a hairdresser of  some 30 years  i think its  quite realistic  not many folk have a lot of volume at the roots with this length of hair and has a more natural hair fall-  a lot of hairs that are out that quite frankly look like bad wigs due to excess hair will definately be in cart once  i have more pennies :)

There is no morph for behind the ears look. However there is a morph to pull back the front strands of the hair behind the shoulder as seen in the promos. :)

Thanks a lot Scot! Getting a compliment on my digital hair work from an actual hairdresser! What a treat! ♥

• I like it.

Regina.png
    1822 x 1457 - 5M
  • Just a wee try out   so far  really  pleased  with it works  soooo well  with a great softness to it  and no probs  about the compliment  you deserve it  and  OOh DoctorJellybean  great render  :) 

• ok had to do another  ;)

Nice renders! Glad you guys like it! :)

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

When I try to use it it seems to have two modes. Either it generally behaves but when simulating it creates pokethrough in the temple area (including on an unmorphed G8) or it starts to simulate for an eternity and frizzes up like there's no tomorrow.

Ascania said:

When I try to use it it seems to have two modes. Either it generally behaves but when simulating it creates pokethrough in the temple area (including on an unmorphed G8) or it starts to simulate for an eternity and frizzes up like there's no tomorrow.

Hello there. I just did a simulation in the latest version of DS and the hair simulated fine so that should definitely not be happening.

What are your simulation settings? Are you using your gpu to simulate? Make sure you are simulating as an animation so there's enough time for the hair to get to the desired pose and settle down and always make sure there is no poke-through on the first frame.

Toyen said:

Ascania said:

Hello there. I just did a simulation in the latest version of DS and the hair simulated fine so that should definitely not be happening.

What are your simulation settings? Are you using your gpu to simulate? Make sure you are simulating as an animation so there's enough time for the hair to get to the desired pose and settle down and always make sure there is no poke-through on the first frame.

Simulation settings are default and simulation is done on the CPU.

Attached screenshots show the starting position without pokethrough, the tips of the bangs starting to poking into the head on frame 2 and the final result on frame 30.

reg1.PNG
    769 x 736 - 567K
    reg2.PNG
    765 x 758 - 695K
    reg3.PNG
    751 x 740 - 663K

That is very strange. Even with sim settings left at default and simulating just the current frame the hair should not do that. (Just tested it and there's no poke-through on my end.) Can you try to run the simulation using your gpu?

Nope. I'm running an AMD rig.

Ascania said:

Nope. I'm running an AMD rig.

Check out this thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here there is a link to CPU Runtime Packages for dforce. You may need to update your cpu drivers.

• axel_staxel_st Posts: 0

The third of your promo pictures suggests that the hair can get in front of the right shoulder. In pre-sim shapes frontback, fronthalfback and frontovershoulder sliders only affect the left side of the hair.

How do I get both fronts or right front only over the right shoulder?

Switching to Iray view in Viewport makes the hair invisible, only scalp can be seen.

Otherwise it would be a great product...

Reginahair.JPG
    888 x 1113 - 97K