Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,998

evilproducer said:

Stezza said:

good to see your renders and yourself EP.... hope the weather is fine smiley

Thanks. It's been very wet weather in my neck of the woods. 

same here... we were evacuated! 

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

evilproducer said:

Stezza said:

good to see your renders and yourself EP.... hope the weather is fine smiley

Thanks. It's been very wet weather in my neck of the woods. 

your renders don't show... smiley

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 9

I built some cattails for the Bridge scene. I also made a distribution map for gthe surface replicator for them. I think I need to work on the cattails a bit more. I may make one without the stalk and seed pod to add some variability. I'll have to get some better referencepictures first. One thing I'm happy with is that they are 100% procedural shaders. For instance, I used an elevation shader to make the bottom of the leaves slightly yellowish. The seed pods use a color gradient and Fake Freznel (I forget who made the plugin), to create the felt-like look of the seed pod's surface.

These renders are straight out of Carrara, with the only postwork to convert them to a web friendly .png format. No levels or color correction.

Click image for full size.

Gilman Bridge07.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    Gilman Bridge 08.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    Post edited by evilproducer on

evilproducer said:

I built some cattails for the Bridge scene. I also made a distribution map for gthe surface replicator for them. I think I need to work on the cattails a bit more. I may make one without the stalk and seed pod to add some variability. I'll have to get some better referencepictures first. One thing I'm happy with is that they are 100% procedural shaders. For instance, I used an elevation shader to make the bottom of the leaves slightly yellowish. The seed pods use a color gradient and Fake Freznel (I forget who made the plugin), to create the felt-like look of the seed pod's surface.

These renders are straight out of Carrara, with the only postwork to convert them to a web friendly .png format. No levels or color correction.

Click image for full size.

I like that vintage photo color grading look

great job!

edited July 9

a clown  laugh

Clown.png
    800 x 600 - 751K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

a clown  laugh

Very nice! What did you do for the clouds? Were they added later or rendered in Carrara? 

evilproducer said:

Stezza said:

a clown  laugh

Very nice! What did you do for the clouds? Were they added later or rendered in Carrara? 

thanks EP

It's a background image I created in Photoshop ... then loaded in the backdrop and used a shadow catcher. wink 

edited July 10

another clown render laugh

Desert Wait.png
    800 x 600 - 732K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,393

Stezza said:

another clown render laugh

Hmmm, where have I seen this before ....

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 308
    edited July 10

Hello, I'm back. At the beginning of summer I always get a creative hole. I rarely visit the individual pages and forums.
    Now I've started to do the first things again.
    The picture shows the storm coming. I made the terrain in Gaea, the clouds were made in Carrara and they took the longest time.
    Trees are from Carrara.

sturmkommt.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 436K
    Post edited by Khoe on
    edited July 10

Khoe said:

Hello, I'm back. At the beginning of summer I always get a creative hole. I rarely visit the individual pages and forums.
    The picture shows the storm coming. I made the terrain in Gaea, the clouds were made in Carrara and they took the longest time.
    Trees are from Carrara.

Really nice work.

A tip for faster cloud renders, aside from the quality and lighting settings in the editior, is to avoid intersecting clouds if you are using multiple clouds in your scene.  You can play with the settings in the editor and get some single cloud objects to look like multiple clouds. The other possibility is to use forced perspective in your scene with multiple clouds that don't actually intersect. I'll post a couple renders that use single clouds that look like multiple clouds.

averting disaster copy.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    valley2 copy.jpg
    2048 x 1280 - 450K
    Tree of life.jpg
    2000 x 1236 - 670K

Khoe said:

Trees are from Carrara.

Very nice !

Khoe said:

Trees are from Carrara.

cool image though I can't help but feel they're all going to run aground... surprise 

Stezza said:

Khoe said:

Trees are from Carrara.

cool image though I can't help but feel they're all going to run aground... surprise 

It's an Island and the boats are sailing past !!! wink

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Khoe said:

Trees are from Carrara.

It's an Island and the boats are sailing past !!! wink

that was the idea. The boats want to go to the back of the island. ;)
    Thanks to everyone for the comments 

edited July 13

Lake Misty

Lake Misty.jpg
    1600 x 972 - 800K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

Lake Misty

nice work !

Khoe said:

Stezza said:

Lake Misty

nice work !

+1 yes

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Khoe said:

Trees are from Carrara.

Very good.  Reminds me of the sailboat racing days for my wife and me in a 16' Windmill Class sailboat - very light planing hull sloop rig, retractable daggerboard, no spinnaker or trapeze, just hiking straps and a whisker pole to go "wing and wing" (downwind with the main/boom and jib/pole on opposite sides).   The fleet got hit by a storm front on Galveston Bay, all boats capsized.  I said we can win this if we get back up first, and stood on the daggerboard to right the ~sideways lying boat.  With the mast stuck in the mud, this was a poor idea, the daggerboard broke in half where it comes out of the hull.  We got towed in, but I saved both halves of my daggerboard.  cheeky

Steve K sagte:

Khoe sagte:

Hallo, ich bin wieder da. Zu Beginn des Sommers habe ich immer ein kreatives Loch. Ich besuche die einzelnen Seiten und Foren nur selten.
    Jetzt habe ich wieder angefangen, die ersten Dinge zu tun.
    Das Bild zeigt den Sturm im Anmarsch. Das Gelände habe ich in Gaea gemacht, die Wolken habe ich in Carrara gemacht und sie haben am längsten gedauert.
    Bäume sind aus Carrara.

Sehr gut. Erinnert mich an die Segelregattatage meiner Frau und mir in einem 16 Fuß Windmill Class Segelboot – sehr leichte Gleitrumpf-Slooptakelung, einziehbares Schwert, kein Spinnaker oder Trapez, nur Spanngurte und eine Whisker-Stange, um „Flügel an Flügel“ zu fahren (Vorwind mit Großsegel/Baum und Fock/Stange auf gegenüberliegenden Seiten). Die Flotte wurde in der Galveston Bay von einer Sturmfront erfasst, alle Boote kenterten. Ich sagte, wir können gewinnen, wenn wir zuerst wieder aufstehen, und stellte mich auf das Schwert, um das ~seitlich liegende Boot wieder aufzurichten. Da der Mast im Schlamm feststeckte, war das keine gute Idee, das Schwert brach dort, wo es aus dem Rumpf kommt, in zwei Hälften. Wir wurden hineingeschleppt, aber ich konnte beide Hälften meines Schwertes retten.  frech

a nice Story. :) 

Steve K sagte:

Khoe sagte:

Hallo, ich bin wieder da. Zu Beginn des Sommers habe ich immer ein kreatives Loch. Ich besuche die einzelnen Seiten und Foren nur selten.
    Jetzt habe ich wieder angefangen, die ersten Dinge zu tun.
    Das Bild zeigt den Sturm im Anmarsch. Das Gelände habe ich in Gaea gemacht, die Wolken habe ich in Carrara gemacht und sie haben am längsten gedauert.
    Bäume sind aus Carrara.

Sehr gut. Erinnert mich an die Segelregattatage meiner Frau und mir in einem 16 Fuß Windmill Class Segelboot – sehr leichte Gleitrumpf-Slooptakelung, einziehbares Schwert, kein Spinnaker oder Trapez, nur Spanngurte und eine Whisker-Stange, um „Flügel an Flügel“ zu fahren (Vorwind mit Großsegel/Baum und Fock/Stange auf gegenüberliegenden Seiten). Die Flotte wurde in der Galveston Bay von einer Sturmfront erfasst, alle Boote kenterten. Ich sagte, wir können gewinnen, wenn wir zuerst wieder aufstehen, und stellte mich auf das Schwert, um das ~seitlich liegende Boot wieder aufzurichten. Da der Mast im Schlamm feststeckte, war das keine gute Idee, das Schwert brach dort, wo es aus dem Rumpf kommt, in zwei Hälften. Wir wurden hineingeschleppt, aber ich konnte beide Hälften meines Schwertes retten.  frech

a nice Story. :) 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited July 15

I don't remember my college German being that good.  I took the required course pass/fail to avoid wrecking my grade point.  Mutter, wir haben post.   That's about it. blush

Post edited by Steve K on

Steve K said:

I don't remember my college German being that good.  I took the required course pass/fail to avoid wrecking my grade point.  Mutter, wir haben post.   That's about it. blush

Oh sorry the translation came through the Chrome browser but interestingly the translations are getting better and better for an automatic system. 

Khoe said:

Steve K said:

Oh sorry the translation came through the Chrome browser but interestingly the translations are getting better and better for an automatic system. 

Na ja. Es gibt noch einige hier die auch Deutsch sprechen. smiley Als ich den Text gelesen hatte bemerkte ich im ersten Moment gar nich, daß das in Deutsch im englischen Forum ist. Ich lese Deutsch wie Englisch ohne es zu merken, bis meine Frau mich aufmerksam machte, OK, kannste das auch noch mal auf Deutsch bitte.... Ich bin Deutscher, meine Frau Holländer (leider verstorben), meine Frau hat fast Akzentfrei Deutsch gesprochen. Die Zeit mit meiner Frau war die beste Zeit meines Lebens, Ich habe keinen Tag bereut.

Auf alle Fälle, verloren gehst du wegen der Sprache hier nicht. smiley

Schöne Woche noch und frohes schaffen. Ich bin Rentner und muß nix mehr tun. Ich hab Zeit für 3D und lesen und manchmal Playstation.

tschau tschau

Fettbemme said:

Khoe said:

Steve K said:

Na ja. Es gibt noch einige hier die auch Deutsch sprechen. smiley Als ich den Text gelesen hatte bemerkte ich im ersten Moment gar nich, daß das in Deutsch im englischen Forum ist. Ich lese Deutsch wie Englisch ohne es zu merken, bis meine Frau mich aufmerksam machte, OK, kannste das auch noch mal auf Deutsch bitte.... Ich bin Deutscher, meine Frau Holländer (leider verstorben), meine Frau hat fast Akzentfrei Deutsch gesprochen. Die Zeit mit meiner Frau war die beste Zeit meines Lebens, Ich habe keinen Tag bereut.

Auf alle Fälle, verloren gehst du wegen der Sprache hier nicht. smiley

Schöne Woche noch und frohes schaffen. Ich bin Rentner und muß nix mehr tun. Ich hab Zeit für 3D und lesen und manchmal Playstation.

tschau tschau

:) 
    Well, I can speak a little English, but it's not perfect. I usually only speak English on vacation or here in the forum. Sometimes I miss the right words.
    It will definitely continue here :)
    Retirement is good, I still have to work for 4-5 years

edited July 16

Stezza said:

Lake Misty

Is that sunset, or is it fire season in OZ? Either way, great atmosphere!

edited July 20

it's winter season... flooding rains, pandemics, world computer fails, you know the usual stuff ! laugh

Scruffy.png
    800 x 600 - 522K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

it's winter season... flooding rains, pandemics, world computer fails, you know the usual stuff ! laugh

Awesome !!!

edited July 22

Updates!  cool

Updates.png
    800 x 600 - 973K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Sky High