[Released V2.2] FLUIDOS II Lite edition and upgrades from v1.3 and to complete edition

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,415

I bought it and looked forward to try it out today but can't cause I too didn't get a serial number. :crying

Sorry for that. I already reported the problem to DAZ.

kyoto kid said:

...so are the Fluidos II samples done with the Lite version or Full version?

The features in the examples are exactly the same in both editions.

• tskmetskme Posts: 25

Still waiting for Daz Support to provide serial number.

• The office time for DAZ is almost over (I think) and I still don't have a serial. This is not ok. sad

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited October 2020
    Alberto said:
    kyoto kid said:

..thank you.  I looked again at your post on the diffrences between the Full and Lite versions.  As I only do single frame images instead of animations, wondering if the Lite II version would be sufficeint for my needs.  I have been disppointed in the many static fluid props in the store as they are not versatile enough.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    Alberto said:
    kyoto kid said:

..thank you.  I looked again at your post on the diffrences between the Full and Lite versions.  As I only do single frame images instead of animations, wondering if the Lite II version would be sufficeint for my needs.  I have been disppointed in the many static fluid props in the store as they are not versatile enough.

Oh!, yes, it can create a single frame. The following video is valid for Fluidos II full and lite versions. It shows the stabilization steps feature.

tskme said:

Still waiting for Daz Support to provide serial number.

The office time for DAZ is almost over (I think) and I still don't have a serial. This is not ok. sad

Sorry for that. It seems I have bad luck. This is the third time they forgot to provide the serial numbers for my products. sad

As far as I know, they working on it.

Serial numbers are finally showing up. Thank you.

• I finally got my serial. Now I need a tutorial  - I want to animate a simple water fountain in one of my Studio animation sequences - are there any tutorials out there for how to set up the files?

tskme said:

Serial numbers are finally showing up. Thank you.

Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

I finally got my serial. Now I need a tutorial  - I want to animate a simple water fountain in one of my Studio animation sequences - are there any tutorials out there for how to set up the files?

Yes, two basic video tutorials should be installed in your content folder at one of the following subfolders (depending on the product you have):

• /General/Alvin Bemar/Fluidos II for Daz Studio
    • /General/Alvin Bemar/Fluidos II for Daz Studio Upgrade from Fluidos II lite

And there is a cookbook .pdf that contains a recipe for a fountain. The pdf is at the ReadMe's folder (the name depends on the product you have):

• 72577_recipes.pdf
    • 69049_recipes.pdf
    Alberto said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Alberto said:
    kyoto kid said:

Oh!, yes, it can create a single frame. The following video is valid for Fluidos II full and lite versions. It shows the stabilization steps feature.

..thank you, that helps.    

• Alberto said:

I finally got my serial. Now I need a tutorial  - I want to animate a simple water fountain in one of my Studio animation sequences - are there any tutorials out there for how to set up the files?

Yes, two basic video tutorials should be installed in your content folder at one of the following subfolders (depending on the product you have):

And there is a cookbook .pdf that contains a recipe for a fountain. The pdf is at the ReadMe's folder (the name depends on the product you have):

• 72577_recipes.pdf
    • 69049_recipes.pdf

That helped, thank you for mentioning. What is a bit odd to me is that you have to run the simulation blind and after that adding the mesher to make the sim visible. So you can't predict the result and have to experiment to get to the result you want. ??? Anyway, I at least could recreate the fountain and it looks promising in animation. I'm curious now to see how it looks when rendered.

Alberto said:

• 72577_recipes.pdf
    • 69049_recipes.pdf

That helped, thank you for mentioning. What is a bit odd to me is that you have to run the simulation blind and after that adding the mesher to make the sim visible. So you can't predict the result and have to experiment to get to the result you want. ??? Anyway, I at least could recreate the fountain and it looks promising in animation. I'm curious now to see how it looks when rendered.

If you prefer, you can add and enable the mesher before running the simulation and see the process without problem. However, take into account that it could significantly slow the calculations when using high resolutions (i.e. very low cell size relative to Domain size).

• I just own and could experiment with this plugin for a few hours, I think I need more time to understand the process and how it all works, I definitley need more experience. But all thanks to a new computer machine I got recently, so I can think about animation at all. I9 18 cores and Titan RTX makes it reasonable. smiley

I9 18 cores and Titan RTX makes it reasonable. smiley

Sure!

• In case this helps out any macOS/Macbook Pro users for this product, the Domain's "Preferred device" property was defaulted to "CPU" for me.  Apparently CPU and GPU are no good for me, but the GPU2 worked.  Presumable GPU2 is the AMD discrete graphics card.

For everyone else (including Alberto), I noticed some funny business with the baked files while trying to figure out the above issue.  I tried first to give it more frames (both in timeline, keyframe for the mesher's "Completion" property, and the Domain's "Number of frames" property.  When that failed to provide the results I was looking for, I scaled everything back down to 30 (to match the tutorial) and after frame 7 the mesher just disappeared.  I turned on the "Erase baked files" property and things got stranger.  I changed the folder on the domain and mesher and it started working again after the GPU2 change mentioned above.  It appears the baked files cache doesn't like a change in the number of frames when it is decreased.

Now question time.  I might be missing it, but is there a way to get more of a rain effect instead of a water hose effect from the sources aside from creating a bunch of really small ones?

Jimbotini said:
    I tried first to give it more frames (both in timeline, keyframe for the mesher's "Completion" property, and the Domain's "Number of frames" property.  When that failed to provide the results I was looking for, I scaled everything back down to 30 (to match the tutorial) and after frame 7 the mesher just disappeared.  I turned on the "Erase baked files" property and things got stranger.  I changed the folder on the domain and mesher and it started working again after the GPU2 change mentioned above.  It appears the baked files cache doesn't like a change in the number of frames when it is decreased.

It seems that the mesher didn't synchronized with the cache files. When you increase the "number of frames" property, it the mesher is enable, it isn't aware of the existence of more files unless you disable and enable this mesher to synchronize it. Although this behavior don't happen when you reduce the number of frames due to the presence of the old files, the enabling of "Erase baked files" will produce the desynchronization of the mesher. So, the solution is disabling and reenabling the mesher.

Jimbotini said:

Now question time.  I might be missing it, but is there a way to get more of a rain effect instead of a water hose effect from the sources aside from creating a bunch of really small ones?

Yes, see the following videos, please:

edited October 2020

It's running well, utilizing most of my cores. The speedup is remarkable.

I cannot get it to run on the 2060 GPU. 

Post edited by tskme on
    tskme said:

It's running well, utilizing most of my cores. The speedup is remarkable.

I cannot get it to run on the 2060 GPU. 

It uses the GPU only for some calculations, The CPU cores are used more intensively.

edited October 2020

..yeah older system here, 6 core/12 thread Xeons. The Maxwell Titan-X.is dedicated to rendering as it only has one conventional HDMI port. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

..yeah older system here, 6 core/12 thread Xeons. The Maxwell Titan-X.is dedicated to rendering as it only has one conventional HDMI port. 

It's good!

I tested Fluidos II in a Core Duo; it was slow, but worked.

Hi, is it possible to animate the source? I can see the source moving over the course of frames, but the mesh starts at the same coordinates, not matter what.

tskme said:

Hi, is it possible to animate the source? I can see the source moving over the course of frames, but the mesh starts at the same coordinates, not matter what.

Hi!

Yes, the source is animatable.

Did you animate the source and then run the simulation?, and the fluid is flowing from the same position all the frames when you enabled the mesher?

edited October 2020
    Alberto said:
    tskme said:
    Did you animate the source and then run the simulation?, and the fluid is flowing from the same position all the frames when you enabled the mesher?

Just double-checked. The simulation is running with the source animated. The material is clearly flowing from the same position after the second activation. It's moving with the source at the start of the animation, before I ever deactivate the source. After it deactivates and reactivates, it starts with the new position but does not move with the source.

The source is parented to another object, though. It's not reparented during the animation. I'm running the source as volume.

Post edited by tskme on

I think I found the issue: The mesher did not pick up the right files after running the simulation. Restarted Daz and it worked as it should.

tskme said:

I think I found the issue: The mesher did not pick up the right files after running the simulation. Restarted Daz and it worked as it should.

Glad to know you found the solution!

Sometimes, the mesher isn't synchronized with the baked files even if it points to the correct folder. Only disable the mesher and reenable it again to sinchronize.

• While the videos about animated result looks great, some basic tutorial video would be very useful for those like me. English is not my native language and better to see stuff.

For example I loaded the  waterfall scene and made enable and preview on - everything I hoped it will help, but nothing happen. I selected the run the fluid simulation and nothing.. the simulation looks like to run (popup window), but nothing. The scene is still the same. I am sure I make it wrong, but please at least one simple video tutorial how to use the sample scene from the beginning and for example how to convert a mesh into fluid. At least I would see what I am doing wrong. I am sure I made some mistake, but can't figure it.

3D-GHDesign said:

While the videos about animated result looks great, some basic tutorial video would be very useful for those like me. English is not my native language and better to see stuff.

For example I loaded the  waterfall scene and made enable and preview on - everything I hoped it will help, but nothing happen. I selected the run the fluid simulation and nothing.. the simulation looks like to run (popup window), but nothing. The scene is still the same. I am sure I make it wrong, but please at least one simple video tutorial how to use the sample scene from the beginning and for example how to convert a mesh into fluid. At least I would see what I am doing wrong. I am sure I made some mistake, but can't figure it.

Did you check the two included video-tutorials included in the package?

You have to install the included package "Fluidos II for Daz Studio (Tutorials)" for Fluidos II, or "FluidosforDazStudioTutorials" for Fluidos.

They install in your library in the subfolder "/General/Alvin Bemar/Fluidos II for Daz Studio/" for Fluidos II, or "/General/Alvin BTmar/FLUIDOS for Daz Studio/" for Fluidos.

edited June 2022

Main changes in Version 2.2

•  Fluid particles and Diffuse particles mesh types of meshers now allow the Preview option.
    • There is a new type of mesher: Volumetric OpenVDB.
    • New Domain property: Vorticity confinement
    • New properties of the Domain: Enable saving Fog-type VDB and Remove isolated particles.
    • New property of the meshers of type Fluid particles: Lower temperature filter and the Higher temperature filter.
    • New properties of meshers: Silence Progress dialog and Erosion of flames.
    • Multiple staked Filters.

A new tutorial:

https://youtu.be/C6bBsj38iZI

Post edited by Alberto on