Fabricator Readme?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
edited December 1969 in New Users

I purchased the fabricator, and it looks interesting, but normally there is a readme that comes with the product, but I do not see one this time as it didn't launch after install

I have daz 4.5

Is there instructions on how to get this product to work?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Just install to your main content Directory. Then do this, load the item you want to play with. Now select it in your Scene tab, open your Surfaces tab and select one of the items material zones from the list. Now goto the Fabricator folder, you should have one for the Colors/Textures you can apply, just pick the one you like. In the other folder Weaves you pick the type of fabric you wish it to be, like cotton, silk or one of the others offered. Your item should change as you add the Fabricator items.

As long as the item is still selected in the Scene Tab you can pick another Material zone and keep going/adding new stuff untill your done with the whole thing. Now Render. The full effect will not show untill you render. Most shaders need to be rendered to see what they do.

I hope this helps you get startefd.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Just install to your main content Directory. Then do this, load the item you want to play with. Now select it in your Scene tab, open your Surfaces tab and select one of the items material zones from the list. Now goto the Fabricator folder, you should have one for the Colors/Textures you can apply, just pick the one you like. In the other folder Weaves you pick the type of fabric you wish it to be, like cotton, silk or one of the others offered. Your item should change as you add the Fabricator items.

As long as the item is still selected in the Scene Tab you can pick another Material zone and keep going/adding new stuff untill your done with the whole thing. Now Render. The full effect will not show untill you render. Most shaders need to be rendered to see what they do.

I hope this helps you get startefd.

Your posts are very helpful Jaderail.

Just one question. The materials and weaves seem to be all in one place. I think that is why it is confusing. How do you find these in seperate folders? Mine are all jumbled together!

thanks again.

Serene.

edited December 1969

Hmmm... My original item came with two folders preset for install, I will find my item and reset it so I get the newest version. I will take a hard look at it and get back to you with anything I learn. It might be awhile but I will be back by this afternoon my time. Say three hours or so from this post.

edited December 1969

I'm back with the info. I reset my Download and installed it to a dummy folder. Are you sure you did a proper install? I have a Shaders Folder which is where the Fabricator Folder is. In it is my Colors but it has another folder named Weaves. I also have a Readme for this file.

I got a .exe file did you?

• palindromistepalindromiste Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

By the way does it exist some free Spandex texture/weave compatible for the fabricator.

If now, how to do a spandex shader?