The Hammerhead X7A Explorer Starship [Commercial]

acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
edited October 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

So I am almost complete with creating the Hammerhead X7A Explorer Starship.

It is a full starship complete with a cockpita sleeping quorters, bathroom, medical bay, cargo and engine room, plus the starship has an elevator to lift heavy containers from the ground up. Also a land rover for exploring the alien landscape.

All doors chairs, gearshifters, med tables, shower and toilet, bedrooms are all animatable. 

Also what is included is a land scape that comes in 4 different texture sets.

Any comments or critiques most welcome. thanks

Scene1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 835K
Scene2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 703K
1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 523K
3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 586K
5.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 626K
6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 500K
8.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 376K
12_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 360K
14_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 409K
17_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 262K
19_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 205K
21_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 323K
22_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 427K
25_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 284K
26_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 549K
27_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 387K
29_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 296K
30_nvidia.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 295K
Set.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 527K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• DripDrip Posts: 1,186

Love the interior.
    The exterior isn't entirely my preference (as I'm more into organic/flowing designs), but I think I could work with that as well.

Is the rover interior modular or hidable (for example, through seperate materials) as well? As I could totally image overhauling it for cargo transport or to line one or both sides with research displays and stuff. Or maybe even benches to turn it into a military ambulance.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761

Is everything pictured included?

• AnEye4Art said:

Everything pictured is included. yes

• Drip said:

Love the interior.
    The exterior isn't entirely my preference (as I'm more into organic/flowing designs), but I think I could work with that as well.

Is the rover interior modular or hidable (for example, through seperate materials) as well? As I could totally image overhauling it for cargo transport or to line one or both sides with research displays and stuff. Or maybe even benches to turn it into a military ambulance.

Unfortunetly No the Rover is not modular but that is a great Idea. I could make it set up so you can remove the back seats, and then you would have an empty back for hualing cargo. :)

• AnEye4Art said:

Sorry I need to clarafy something. Everything in the images is included except the outer space background shots. the background shouts of the planets, I did myself in Photoshop. :)

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited October 2020

Ok so now the Rover can have its back seats removed so you can now hull other things. :D

1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 218K
    2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 209K
    Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761
    AnEye4Art said:

Sorry I need to clarafy something. Everything in the images is included except the outer space background shots. the background shouts of the planets, I did myself in Photoshop. :)

Thank you. I like it.
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

The wheeled vehicle and the interiors are spectacular. Congratulations!

By the way, I think 'land rover' is a trademarked proper name ('Land Rover'), rather than a generic term for an exploration vehicle. I've certainly never heard it used to describe anything that wasn't an actual product of the British vehicle manufacturer. The term 'rover' on its own is sometimes used for planetary exploration vehicles, either autonomous or crewed. See also "lunar rover", which was applied to both the crewed jeep-like vehicles flown on the Apollo missions and to Lunokhod, an autonomous (unmanned) Soviet vehicle.

The term I've mostly seen in science-fiction for vehicles of the kind you've modeled is "all-terrain vehicle" or "ATV", although that's recently begun to be used for real-world quad motorbikes, so it might be a bit confusing. Another possible name used in SF is "crawler" (although sometimes that's restricted to tracked vehicles). Novelist Brian Stableford, in his book "Halcyon Drift", invented the slang term 'iron maiden' to refer to this kind of vehicle.

You could also go with just "personnel carrier" or "explorer".

Or you could decide I'm just being pedantic, and stick with 'land rover'. wink

• The wheeled vehicle and the interiors are spectacular. Congratulations!

By the way, I think 'land rover' is a trademarked proper name ('Land Rover'), rather than a generic term for an exploration vehicle. I've certainly never heard it used to describe anything that wasn't an actual product of the British vehicle manufacturer. The term 'rover' on its own is sometimes used for planetary exploration vehicles, either autonomous or crewed. See also "lunar rover", which was applied to both the crewed jeep-like vehicles flown on the Apollo missions and to Lunokhod, an autonomous (unmanned) Soviet vehicle.

The term I've mostly seen in science-fiction for vehicles of the kind you've modeled is "all-terrain vehicle" or "ATV", although that's recently begun to be used for real-world quad motorbikes, so it might be a bit confusing. Another possible name used in SF is "crawler" (although sometimes that's restricted to tracked vehicles). Novelist Brian Stableford, in his book "Halcyon Drift", invented the slang term 'iron maiden' to refer to this kind of vehicle.

You could also go with just "personnel carrier" or "explorer".

Or you could decide I'm just being pedantic, and stick with 'land rover'. wink

LOL, its cool. :) I really didnt name it anything really. There is no name on the vehicle it's self and the name I use in the file list is Explorer Vehicle.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,186

Ok so now the Rover can have its back seats removed so you can now hull other things. :D

Awesome, thank you! I'm very much looking forward to this (and I already was, just for the ships' interior)

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Looks great, Is this a replacement for X 300 Star Chaser, or are both being released?

• jedijudd said:

Looks great, Is this a replacement for X 300 Star Chaser, or are both being released?

Both being released. this is just another starship. :)

• Maybe you could create a Leviathan (Moya from Farscape) spaceship at some point. Exterior as well as interior :)

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

This looks awesome!

• Maybe you could create a Leviathan (Moya from Farscape) spaceship at some point. Exterior as well as interior :)

Thats a great Idea. It would have to be much more organic looking though. But it is worth a try. :)