Mysterious Aiko & Genesis Muscularity

edited July 2012 in New Users

Rather than explain it by words, I'll just attach a pic
it makes explanation shorter.

I added an attachment.

BTW, I'm not sure if Aiko should be normally there or not.
So yeah, I'm asking too how those morphs work properly.

DQ.jpg
1024 x 988 - 544K
Post edited by useless_1975_837db407db on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am having a hard time understanding this so bear with me please while I try to help.

Are you saying that when you load Genesis Akio 4 loads instead?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,465
    edited December 1969

DS can do one of two things with a character .dsf file, if there is a Genesis figure selected - either apply it to the selected Genesis, or load a whole new Genesis and apply the settings to that. If no Genesis figure is selected it will always load a new figure. If you original Genesis is buried inside Aiko (who's a big girl ij most directions) sliders may not have any visible effect. Also, if your Genesis came for a saved .daz scene file then it won't have any shapes installed after you saved it until you apply a DSF character preset to it.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493
    edited December 1969

It looks like something has been messed up, and your Daz Studio is loading both Genesis and Aiko 4 when it should just be loading Genesis. (I assume this is what you get when you launch DS4.)

In the Startup tab of your preferences, there is a Load File option. What does it say?

• edited December 1969

If you original Genesis is buried inside Aiko (who's a big girl ij most directions) sliders may not have any visible effect. Also, if your Genesis came for a saved .daz scene file then it won't have any shapes installed after you saved it until you apply a DSF character preset to it.
    So how do I make those dials/morphs work?
    Teach me step by step pls, I'm still new to DS4.

In the Startup tab of your preferences, there is a Load File option. What does it say?

There's a genesis loaded in startup. I don't use it. I delete when I start using DS4.
    And since I often hit delete when I start DS4 to get rid of it, I just removed that from startup just recently.
    Anyway, it doesn't have anything to do with the startup Genesis since I didn't used it.
    edited December 1969

It may be more useful if you go through the steps you follow to get from an empty scene to what you show in your screen shot.

edited July 2012

Since I am confused about Aiko loading I will just concentrate on how to find the Muscularity controls for Genesis.

These will only work with a Genesis loaded figure selected not Generation 4 figures.

1: the “All Muscle Volumes” function is under Parameters > Actor > Universal > Muscularity and this command can also be found in the Shaping Pane under the same headings as above. This just makes the muscle morphs. Also the muscle morphs can be adjust individually among the various body parts.

2: the “Flexion” commend is under Posing > Pose Controls > Full Body (to turn on all Flexion’s) or alternatively you can turn them on individually under the various body part headings.

Hope that helps

Muscularity2.jpg
    700 x 704 - 126K
    Muscularity.jpg
    700 x 706 - 142K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I think you overwritten and saved some dsf files. (can not find, only one,or some files)
    to slove the probem, just uninstall the " overwritten dsf files", then reinstall original files.

1. clear your sceane, to load "genesis.dsf" from "smart content tab" (not female.dsf)

because, to solve the problem, you need to find which file apply the Aiko shape with your genesis.

it may comes with the AIko4 head shape or not? show the picture.

2 check the parameter of Aiko 4 head morph,
    if it not "0", and keep the value of "0.2" , it means your "FHMaiko4.dsf" had been overwritten.
    eg the default value "0" to "0.2".

so uninstall the "A4shape of genesis" by uninstaller from windows start menu, and reinstall the products again.

if it can not solve your problem, try next.

===================================

1 save the folda "\Mylibrary(your DAZ default contents folda) \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs" as different name in another directory.
    eg c:\\recover\base_morphs

2 delete "\Mylibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs" directory.

3 uninstall " daz default contents", then reinstall ds4 again with same setting before you installed.
    not change your "default contents directory".

(it can only overwrite default contents, not delete and change other products or your saved files)

then load new genesis.dsf in ds4. check genesis keep original shape.

4 manually copy the products of morphs "one by one". from "c:\\recover\my_morphs" to "..\Mylibrary\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs"

then load new genesis ,check when genesis turn the Aiko shape .

if genesis shape change, after you copy XXX folda from "c:\\recover\my_morphs" ,then load genesis.dsf,
    it means the XXX. is the cause of problem. ("products" or f"ree download item")

so you should uninstall and reinstall the XXX. you may need check another morph folda too.

==============================

character .dsf file for genesis might use "Aiko 4 head shape" or "AIko 4 body shape" morph. (of course other shape morphs too)
    so , when you apply or load some character .dsf , it may change the "Aiko 4 head shape" currentt value and keep it default value.
    untill you delete the figure from sceane.

ordinally it cause no problem. but if you saved the value unusual way, it cause trouble.
    (some guy said when he used generation X option, it happen, and in case of me, I "saved modified assets" after apply another character.dsf, it happend)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3703/ (this is a case of "save modifeid assets")
    when you load new "genesis", it load every morphs in "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs"
    with default value. ( usually the value is "0".so genesis can keep original shape untill you change the value of the controller)

but if the default value("0") of some morph files had changed and saved, genesis will come up with the value shape.

• edited December 1969

@ Richard Haseltine
    I tried recreating back that figure, starting from loading the "basic female" figure but that Aiko from the scene didn't appear.
    I'm clueless how I did that or how it happened.

@ kitakoredaz
    My Aiko (FHMAiko4.dsf) is normal at 0. I don't think it was messed up.

@ Szark
    The muscularity is working fine.
    I'm just asking how can you make the Morphforms and Morphs|Shapes appear and use them normally since selecting Genesis on the Scene doesn't show those headings.
    I find those morphs useful since it has that Morphs++ and NBM... dunno what happen why it's not accessible / not available for Genesis.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Morphs++ & NBM are for the Gen4 female figures (Aiko4; Victoria4; Stephanie4) and not the Genesis figure.

• edited December 1969

^
    I see.
    How do I use them in DS4?
    Since using Aiko means using Genesis - unlike DS3, Aiko has it's own base.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

You can use the earlier figures in DS4, or you can use GenX to convert their morphs for Genesis.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493
    edited December 1969

When everything's working properly, you can use Aiko in DS4 exactly the same way you would use her in DS3. You don't need to use Genesis at all.

• edited December 1969

How do I load Aiko/Hiro (and other models) without using Genesis??

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Go to the Content Library tab, and look under "Poser formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People".

• edited July 2012

^
    There's no "DAZ People" directory in the contents library.
    Only DAZ Dragons folder and it contains the SubDragon.
    What am I missing?

edited December 1969

In your Content Library (again not Smart Content) got to Poser Formats and depending on where Aiko is installed will dictate where in the Poser Format folder Aiko will be.

See below in my set up I am still working from my old DS3 content database so my GEN 4 figure are under Poser Formats > Studio 3 > etc.

Aiko.jpg
    800 x 871 - 449K
  • edited July 2012

Nothing, but now that I saw your library, there's something I'm really missing.
    I tried testing some right-clicks on the library and tested the "Add Runtime Directory" and I choose some folder and it appeared.

Going back to my main question - How to make the Morphforms and Morphs|Shapes work?
    I'm actually after those dials for Genesis not for the DS3 models

If it's just a random glitch (those dials appearing in my Genesis), then forget how it will work for Genesis then.
    Is there a product for DS4/Genesis that works like NBM?
    I have Genesis Muscularity and Body Morphs but it lacks the dials that the DS3's NBM have -> breast movements/dynamics, sizes etc.

edited December 1969

Weiner said:
    Nothing, but now that I saw your library, there's something I'm really missing.
    I tried testing some right-clicks on the library and tested the "Add Runtime Directory" and I choose some folder and it appeared.

Ok We are getting somewhere. I was going to say are your content directories set up properly as in “Add Runtime Directory” that you found. But we need to go a step further in my opinion just to make sure all your Directories are set up.

With DS4 Open, select the Content Library Pane (again not Smart Content) and click on the Square Optiions Button (refer to image 1, step 1)

Then Select "Content Directory Manager" (Again see image 1, step 2)

With the Content Directory Manager window open (see image 2) Check to make sure all your Poser and Daz Studio Formats are all ppinted to your content folders.

Going back to my main question - How to make the Morphforms and Morphs|Shapes work?
    I'm actually after those dials for Genesis not for the DS3 models

SO you don't see anything like my images I provided on Page one?

Content_Manager1A.jpg
    525 x 640 - 191K
    Content_ManagerA.jpg
    647 x 1018 - 202K
  • edited December 1969

Szark said:
    SO you don't see anything like my images I provided on Page one?

My muscularity dials are working fine in the beginning.
    I was just clueless all along how did those Morphs++ and NBM (which I have on DS3) appeared on DS4 when it's probably just a glitch.

loading DS3 models to DS4 is working fine now. Thx for the help.

On the other hand, is there a product for DS4 to move/transform breasts like DS3's NBM?
    edited December 1969

Weiner said:

On the other hand, is there a product for DS4 to move/transform breasts like DS3's NBM?
    This might be of interest http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-evolution-body-morphs/

here is what it contains

•92 Evolution Body Morphs for Genesis: ◦6 Full Body Morphs: ◦Body Builder Details
    ◦Body Tone
    ◦Emaciated
    ◦Fitness
    ◦Fitness Details
    ◦Voluptuous

◦86 Partial Body Morphs: ◦Adams Apple
    ◦Areolae Depth
    ◦Areolae Diameter
    ◦Areolae Perk
    ◦Arms Length
    ◦Breasts Flatten
    ◦Breasts Flatten Left
    ◦Breasts Flatten Right
    ◦Breasts Hang Forward
    ◦Breasts Hang Forward Left
    ◦Breasts Hang Forward Right
    ◦Breasts In-Out
    ◦Breasts Side-Side
    ◦Breasts Side-Side Left
    ◦Breasts Side-Side Right
    ◦Breasts Up-Down
    ◦Breasts Up-Down Left
    ◦Breasts Up-Down Right
    ◦Breasts Cleavage
    ◦Breasts Flatten
    ◦Breasts Hang Forward
    ◦Breasts Heavy
    ◦Breasts Implants
    ◦Breasts Natural
    ◦Breasts Size
    ◦Breasts Small
    ◦Calves Flex
    ◦Chest Depth
    ◦Chest Width
    ◦Collarbone Detail
    ◦Costal Angle Arched
    ◦Costal Angle Pointed
    ◦Feet Arch
    ◦Feet Shoe Fit
    ◦Fingers Length Left
    ◦Fingers Length Right
    ◦Fingers Width Left
    ◦Fingers Width Right
    ◦Foot Length Left
    ◦Foot Length Right
    ◦Glute Crease Left
    ◦Glute Crease Right
    ◦Glutes Lower Depth
    ◦Glutes Upper Depth
    ◦Glutes Width
    ◦Hip Bone Crest
    ◦Iliac Line
    ◦Legs Length
    ◦Linea Alba Depth
    ◦Love Handles
    ◦Nails Length
    ◦Navel Depth
    ◦Navel Hollow
    ◦Navel Horizontal
    ◦Navel Out
    ◦Navel Size
    ◦Navel Vertical
    ◦Neck Length
    ◦Nipples
    ◦Nipples Depth
    ◦Nipples Diameter
    ◦Nipples Volume
    ◦Palm Scale Left
    ◦Palm Scale Right
    ◦Pectorals Developed
    ◦Pectorals Volume
    ◦Pregnant
    ◦Rectus Outer Detail
    ◦Sacral Dimples
    ◦Scapula Depth
    ◦Scapula Volume
    ◦Shoulders Scale
    ◦Shoulders Width
    ◦Sternum Depth
    ◦Stomach Depth
    ◦Stomach Lower Depth
    ◦Thighs Tone
    ◦Toes Fan Down Left
    ◦Toes Fan Down Right
    ◦Toes Small Curl Left
    ◦Toes Small Curl Right
    ◦Toes Spread Left
    ◦Toes Spread Right
    ◦Torso Length
    ◦Wrist Thickness

• edited December 1969

^
    How do you make the breasts move further left/right and up/down?
    I tried removing the limits but they stopped moving at value 1.00 and -1.00 even when you further drag the dial.

edited December 1969

That one I am not sure of as I have never needed to move them that far. :)

Perhaps another might know. I will see if I can get someone else to answer that one.

edited December 1969

If removing limits doesn't remove limits from the behaviour then the slider is a controller for another property - in this case, I'd suspect the pose controls on the pectoral bones.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you click on the gear cog to the right of the parameter name and select "Parameter settings"; you can set the Min & Max limits to a value other than the default and that should allow you to make greater changes.