Last version of Bryce that will work under OS X 10.9.4

BarbfmcBarbfmc Posts: 50
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Wondering

1) what the latest version of Bryce Pro is that will work under Mac's OS X 10.9.4 and

2) where I might find a download for that version?

Thanks (& hello) Barb

Comments

• BarbfmcBarbfmc Posts: 50
    edited August 2014

barbfmc said:
    Wondering

1) what the latest version of Bryce Pro is that will work under Mac's OS X 10.9.4 and

2) where I might find a download for that version?

Thanks (& hello) Barb

It looks like it's 6 (last version)? but
    still wonder where I might find it?

Thanks!

Post edited by Barbfmc on
    edited December 1969

Maybe not - that would be Bryce Pro 7.X under 10.6 - but no Bryce at all under 10.9.4

:(

Barb

edited December 1969

Sorry to bother you.

Barb

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

@Barb - you're right - unfortunately. Bryce 7.1 under 10.6. As I understand, 10.7 doesn't support Rosetta anymore and Bryce depends on it. Bryce 7.1 came out just before or around 10.6. Though Apple had announced that Rosetta will eventually be dumped, but nobody thought this would be on a minor update from 10.6 to 10.7. DAZ 3D hasn't touched Bryce for over 3 years now. And no, you don't bother here. You're always welcome.

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Barb - you're right - unfortunately. Bryce 7.1 under 10.6. As I understand, 10.7 doesn't support Rosetta anymore and Bryce depends on it. Bryce 7.1 came out just before or around 10.6. Though Apple had announced that Rosetta will eventually be dumped, but nobody thought this would be on a minor update from 10.6 to 10.7. DAZ 3D hasn't touched Bryce for over 3 years now. And no, you don't bother here. You're always welcome.
    DAZ either does not have the resources or desire to update Bryce for Mac. It is quite sad really, but the market looks too small to support anymore.