Installed DAZ studio but when I try to open it hangs on the splash screen 'upgrading cms'

Hi Everyone!

I am massively frustrated because I purchased some content from the DAZ store 12 weeks ago but simply can't get DAZ studio to work! I have opened a ticket with DAZ but they are so understaffed they are taking weeks to reply to my messages..... once they didn't reply for 8 weeks!

So here is my problem; I am on a windows 10 (64 bit) machine. I have installed DAZ studio 4.14 using DIM, and I installed Postgresql 64 bit but whenever I try to open DAZ studio, it hangs on the splash screen and says 'connecting to cms' and the 'upgrading cms' but it never actually opens. If I uninstall the Postreqsql then Studio will open, but then I can't get access to my content. I have attached my dblog file from AppData/Roaming/DAZ3D/cms/contentcluster in case it helps anyone to work out what is going on.

Please help!! Newbie user because I had this same problem years ago on another computer and have never actually got to use DAZ.

regards

Stephen

txt
txt
dblog.txt
7M

Comments

• What security software are you using?

You should be able to access and use most content without PostgreSQL, by looking in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio (or Poser) Formats in the content directory you installed to - My Daz 3D Library by default.

• Freightliner FoxFreightliner Fox Posts: 67
    edited December 2020

stephenxdove said:

So here is my problem; I am on a windows 10 (64 bit) machine. I have installed DAZ studio 4.14 using DIM, and I installed Postgresql 64 bit but whenever I try to open DAZ studio, it hangs on the splash screen and says 'connecting to cms' and the 'upgrading cms' but it never actually opens.

It sounds like Studio is succefully making a connection to PostgreSQL, but the content database is corrupt and PostgreSQL is probably encountering a SQL error when running the update statements. Studio has a riciculously long timeout period when starting up and waiting for network connections, database operations, etc. to finish. So when something goes wrong, it tends to just hang in the "waiting" stage rather than fail and report an error.

In your home directory, look at the log files under C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\Studio4 and C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\InstallManager. Look for any error messages in those logs and then post them here.

Post edited by Freightliner Fox on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

What security software are you using?

You should be able to access and use most content without PostgreSQL, by looking in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio (or Poser) Formats in the content directory you installed to - My Daz 3D Library by default.

I am using AVG and Malwarebytes but these problems persist even if I shut both programs down. I can see a small amount of my content but not as much as I have purchased or downloaded with DIM.  I don't know where it has put it but I'll try and root around and find it.

• chakrachakra Posts: 0

I'm using Daz3D 4.9 and it is stuck just like version 4.22. I'm over it. if anyone has any questions please share.

• chakra said:

I'm using Daz3D 4.9 and it is stuck just like version 4.22. I'm over it. if anyone has any questions please share.

Stuck how? 4.9.x.x is a very old version and will not support quote a bit of recent content anyway (the numbers are not decimals, they are four whole numbers separated by dots)