Auto Magnetize ignored

pinkangelnpinkangeln Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in New Users

Hi everybody, I am an amateur here on Daz, I'm coming from MMD.
I'm here to resolve a problem with the auto magnetize feature. I have the AutoFit and Auto Magnetize features "on", but sometimes when I try to load some (poser/daz) stuff on a selected model, the clothes are loaded ignoring the selected body and appear apart from it.

Since I'm a newb, I was testing the program using the freebies and so far I was unable to find a single pair shoes or boots that autofit the model, does it happens often with the shop items too?

Thanks

Post edited by pinkangeln on

Comments

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Magnetize only comes in to play once the item is fitted to the figure. and weather an item auto conforms/auto fits a figure depends on if the creator set it up to do so. Some Poser content creators don't bother as you have to conform by hand anyway in Poser so they don't set up the auto conform option.

Or if you are Using DAZ Studio 4 and you don't have the CMS running this can stop items from Auto fitting.

• pinkangelnpinkangeln Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

oh ok so basically, on Daz, I have to go to Pose/Editor and then, manualy morph and fit the item there? But to create an animation like I'm used to, I can't put a parent on every part of the item, so if I put "parent" on "chest" and move the "Abdomen" I'd have to refit the item frame by frame, right? I think I am wrong or else those clothes are not viable for animation.

Post edited by pinkangeln on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can Parent the items and they will stay parented. You just might need to do it by hand for some items.

To parent an item Select it in the Scene Tab and then drag it to the part of the character you wish it to parent to. Or right click the item in the viewport and use Change Parent.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,465
    edited December 1969

oh ok so basically, on Daz, I have to go to Pose/Editor and then, manualy morph and fit the item there? But to create an animation like I'm used to, I can't put a parent on every part of the item, so if I put "parent" on "chest" and move the "Abdomen" I'd have to refit the item frame by frame, right? I think I am wrong or else those clothes are not viable for animation.

No. You can either drag the item from the library onto the figure, when it should conform, or you can select it and use the Fit to button in the Parameters pane or you can right-click on it and select the Fit to option. Skirts and dresses, however, will require adjusting as the figure is posed.

• pinkangelnpinkangeln Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh I see, everything is magically working now, thank you very much!