Carrarappy New Year !!

createocreateo Posts: 15
edited January 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Happy New Year to all Carrara users!

I use other 3D software but frankly I find that Carrara remains very efficient in modeling, texturing and animation !

Of course it is starting to have some lacks compared to the competition but it remains very fun and pleasant to use. Despite the shameful absence of an update from Daz for Carrara 3D, its technical and ergonomic bases make it a software that could still have a future!

Although Daz sovereignly ignores our pleas, I still dream of a Carrara Z (Da ... Z) which would put him back on track for success :-)

What handicaps him horribly are the slowness of the renderings. They are no longer relevant at all. It would be necessary to create a bridge towards Filament or Iray to give it a second wind.

Let's be positive and bet that Daz will come to his senses in 2021 ;-)

Sincerely, Carrara Friends

olivier turbet

logo createo
www.createo.fr

Post edited by createo on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

I use Octane plugin but that's not cheap devil

we all wish DAZ would show us some lovebroken heart

Happy New Year to you too yes

• createocreateo Posts: 15
    edited January 2021

I also have Octane 3 which works great. But its ergonomics are not that of Carrara and I feel "prisoner" of another external program which does not allow me to easily switch from one computer to another :-(

Post edited by createo on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    edited January 2021

From Scotland's Forth Bridge!   There's a video you can view, too.   heart Silene

Scottish Drones.jpg
    976 x 549 - 52K
    Post edited by SileneUK on

createo said:

I also have Octane 3 which works great. But its ergonomics are not that of Carrara and I feel "prisoner" of another external program which does not allow me to easily switch from one computer to another :-(

you can only have it on one but I switched machines, you need to deactivate then activate it again

I am on 4 now but same process 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

happy neww yeeuh

hug a buppy and kitty

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

A happy Carrara-year to all.

I also use it with the Octane Render plug in. It really is the best of both worlds for an independant animator, and is scalable via machine / graphic card upgrades. I'm hovering on ditching the old PC for much faster renders but at the moment having the squidlings in my bank appeals more. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cores! 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

am I the only one who reads the title as 'Carappy New Years' 

devil

have a safe one ... everyone angel

Stezza said:

am I the only one who reads the title as 'Carappy New Years' 

devil

have a safe one ... everyone angel

I saw crappy blush