creating content for daz4?

dizeynerdizeyner Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

so I get daz lets you pose and purchase things for avatars and tweak avatar bodies..but what the heck do you use if you want to create, for example, your own clothing? do you use some other program and then import the mesh? can you export anything from daz to another program?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

The Free (for now) Hexagon program is a modeling tool. You can build meshes (items) with it and then import or (Send To DAZ) the item to DS4Pro and use the tools in Daz Studio 4 Pro to Rig and make the item a full figure (Avatar as you call it). I'm not a modeler but I know others use just those tools to make items for use in Daz Studio.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920
    edited July 2012

Hexagon and Carrara are awesome modeling applications. As Jaderail said you can model and import into Poser, DS, Maya, 3DSMax...etc. I use an older program called Silo for all my modeling. I've made a pretty good business at it so it can be well worth the time to learn it. If I can make a suggestion you should start with the basics first just to learn the tools and what you can do. Once you get a good grasp of the tools you can take on more complicated projects like clothing.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Hexagon and Carrara are awesome modeling applications. As Jaderail said you can model and import into Poser, DS, Maya, 3DSMax...etc. I use an older program called Silo for all my modeling. I've made a pretty good business at it so it can be well worth the time to learn it. If I can make a suggestion you should start with the basics first just to learn the tools and what you can do. Once you get a good grasp of the tools you can take on more complicated projects like clothing.
    I would support this. Geekatplay have some really good videos to start with. Once you have the basics, I would suggest investing in ladylittlefox's tutorials at rdna and fugazi's tutorials sold here and at Rendo. Once you get to the point of rigging your clothing there are some free tutorials amongst the docs at DAZ3D and also a great tutorial written by Sickleyield for rigging skirts. You might also want to invest in Blondies tutorial on rigging figures...
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Have to agree with what others have said. Start with the basics and work from there.

Also get the tutorials Pendria has mentioned, they are invaluable to people wanting to make clothing. I learnt a lot from Fugazi's tutorials and have made several basic clothing items using Silo.

Good luck.:-)