DS4.5 RC3 / 3Delight Changelog Entry: ability to specify polygonal bokeh shapes

linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
edited November 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,598
    edited December 1969

Remember that not all features of the full 3Delight are available in DS.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Remember that not all features of the full 3Delight are available in DS.

Not quite true. One can download the standalone 3DL for free and use ALL the features, even from DS.

Kendall

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

That is an interresting feature for sure. You can fill a bug report and ask for the feature. Till then you can try to get it through scripted 3delight or an easier way would be to export to rib and modify it and render with external 3delight. I'm not 100% sure because I quickly read the 3delight doc but that should work

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Can it be achieved with the shader mixer or shader builder? Or is it one of those things that could only be achieved with the scripted 3Delight?

Has anyone any clue where to find the ability to specify polygonal bokeh shapes in DS4.5?

None of those, AFAIK, currently. You can however write a C++ plug-in to access it, or make a feature request here at DAZ. I'm not positive but this thread at 3Delight seems to have the correct syntax: http://www.3delight.com/en/modules/PunBB/viewtopic.php?id=2978
    Does anybody know what the address of the 3Delight bug-tracker is?
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    Can it be achieved with the shader mixer or shader builder? Or is it one of those things that could only be achieved with the scripted 3Delight?

Has anyone any clue where to find the ability to specify polygonal bokeh shapes in DS4.5?

None of those, AFAIK, currently. You can however write a C++ plug-in to access it, or make a feature request here at DAZ. I'm not positive but this thread at 3Delight seems to have the correct syntax: http://www.3delight.com/en/modules/PunBB/viewtopic.php?id=2978
    Does anybody know what the address of the 3Delight bug-tracker is?

www.3delight.com/issues

Kendall

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I thought I had bookmarked this a few months ago, and I couldn't find it through Google, but now I definitely bookmarked it.