[Released] Props and Poses Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525
edited March 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Easily use your Genesis 2 props, accessories, and poses with your Genesis 8 Female characters with the Props and Poses Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female!

It automatically converts almost your entire library of props, accessories, and poses. The Props & Poses Converter script provides batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 2 Female props, accessories, and poses to Genesis 8 Female props, accessories, and poses in your library. Easily select the Genesis 2 Female props and poses in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your Genesis 2 Female prop or pose to the new Genesis 8 prop or pose.

Your new Genesis 8 Female props, accessories, and poses are completely Smart Content aware and will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female. Plus, all the materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 2 Female prop or accessory will show for your converted Genesis 8 prop or accessory.

Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button. Zero Poses are not converted.

• Convert Genesis 2 Female props and accessories for use by Genesis 8 Female characters*
  • Convert Genesis 2 Female Posed Props (e.g., Hand Gripping a Sword) to Genesis 8 Female Posed Props
  • Convert Genesis 2 Female Poses to Genesis 8 Female Poses
  • Convert Genesis 2 Female Hierarchical Poses to Genesis 8 Female Hierarchical Poses**
  • Convert Swords, Bows, Glasses, Jewelry, etc.
  • Convert Accessories: Hats, Belts, Glasses, Jewelry, etc.
  • Copies icons from Genesis 2 Female Presets to Genesis 8 Female Presets for a professional look
  • Converted Items are Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 2 Female props and accessories will show for your converted Genesis 8 Female props and accessories.
  • Automatically convert almost your entire library of props, accessories, and poses with one operation!

* The Props & Poses Converter script does not work with multi-part props (e.g., two daggers are loaded from the same preset) or with props/accessories with Genesis 2 Bone rigging.

** Hierarchical Poses require extra steps due to the props needing to be loaded. Also, due to a limitation in the Daz Studio script interface, some Hierarchical Pose Presets will need a manual step to be converted correctly.

What's Included and Features

• Props & Poses Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female:
    • Props & Poses Converter Script
    • Detailed user Guide
  • Daz Studio Script Preset (.DE)
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 409K
popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 377K
popup_2.jpg
1300 x 1536 - 514K
popup_3.jpg
1641 x 1000 - 421K
popup_4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 507K
popup_5.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 283K
popup_6.jpg
1451 x 1000 - 255K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,573

If it also converts G2 wearable props, I need to reserve some space in my shopping cart laugh

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

If it also converts G2 wearable props, I need to reserve some space in my shopping cart laugh

Yes, it does.  It cannot do accessories/props that use G2 rigging but otherwise it does awesome converting stuff! smiley

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950

More stuff to buy. :)

Cybersox said:

More stuff to buy. :)

Thanks smiley

And it is released!

• Hi there, possibly (probably) dumb question but I've noticed with both G2F to G8F and G3F to G8F Pose converters are great for single character at the zero position poses but for "Goto" poses (for various scenes ie a bunch of ironman13 scenes etc.) or couple/triple poses the conversion process itself sends G8F to where she needs to go for a given pose but the end result for G8F when you go to your new folder and select a "goto" pose or couple pose she stays centered instead of going to the spot she needs to, basically rendering it now an "use anywhere" pose.  Basically saving the pose just not the location.  Is that something that I'm missing or does it have to do with the scripting code?  Other than that, I love these converters!

tattooedillusions said:

Hi there, possibly (probably) dumb question but I've noticed with both G2F to G8F and G3F to G8F Pose converters are great for single character at the zero position poses but for "Goto" poses (for various scenes ie a bunch of ironman13 scenes etc.) or couple/triple poses the conversion process itself sends G8F to where she needs to go for a given pose but the end result for G8F when you go to your new folder and select a "goto" pose or couple pose she stays centered instead of going to the spot she needs to, basically rendering it now an "use anywhere" pose.  Basically saving the pose just not the location.  Is that something that I'm missing or does it have to do with the scripting code?  Other than that, I love these converters!

It depends on how the pose was saved, but the script tries to keep the "goto" poses working.  Check the original pose and see if it does what you think.  I have had many occasions where I thought the script failed and it was the pose it copied.