dForce Hair Not Showing in Iray Viewport

I searched the forum and found a somewhat dated post asking for help in this matter, so I'm reposting part of it here.

Issue:   I have a number of dForce hair products that show up when the vieport is set to Texture Shaded, but not when it is set to Nvidia Iray, even when the View in Viewport in the Parameters is set to "on".

A while back, forum poster junk said:

"Got it working... Oh man I see it's a little more complicated and you have to do the following:

1) You need to set "preview PR Hair"  to "On" like Leana said.
2) Make sure under the "Parameters" tab that General->Simulation->Hair-Pre Render (PR) is set to "On"
3) You need to set "Viewport Line Tessellation Sides" to a minimum of "2".  This can be found by selecting the hair and then under "Parameters" tab go to General->Simulation->Hair->Line Tessellation

Hope that helps someone."

Unfortunately for me, when the dForce hair product is seleted (presently I'm using dForce Sea Salt hair product) in the Scene window, I cannot find anywhere in the Parameters a setting "General->Simulation" as there is no "Simlation" nested under the "General" tab for the hair product (I'm am using the latest Daz Studio Version 4.15).    I did find "Display->"Scene View"->Simulation", but it was already set to "on" as are the other settings "Visible in Render" and "Visible in Viewport"

Does anyone know how to make dForce hair products visible in the Iray Viewport, or is this just a faulty feature with dForce hair products?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,443

Sometimes you have to dig down a level to get to the real hair. It may be parented to a skull cap, so the Simulation parameters aren't at the top level. In this case, look for a node called simply "Sea Salt" under "dForce Sea Salt"

• NorthOf45 said:

Sometimes you have to dig down a level to get to the real hair. It may be parented to a skull cap, so the Simulation parameters aren't at the top level. In this case, look for a node called simply "Sea Salt" under "dForce Sea Salt"

Excellent....it worked!   Thank you SO much NorthOf45!

• Fennario3DFennario3D Posts: 11
    edited January 2023

NorthOf45 said:

Yes!!!! You solved it!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Fennario3D on