Er, forum thread sorting???

rg5arg5a Posts: 74
edited July 2012 in The Commons

Since forums exist, they are always sorted by last post date, either ascending or descending. I just discovered this forum here seems to have a very special order, as active threads apparently don't rise to the top, but stay in their initial page. Is there a way to fix that, er, feature?

Check this screen capture I made of the forum as I see it. Note the last post dates on threads after the last sticky...

forumsorting.jpg
597 x 453 - 91K
Post edited by rg5a on

Comments

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

This is a known er issue with the new forums.
    I believe its on the fix list... or it may stay that way to stop people bumping threads.

IMO its a little counter intuitive.

• rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

:gulp: :lol: :roll:

Oh my.

Well, it isn't just counter-intuitive, it makes the forums kind of useless, as you can't see if somebody replied to something, short of getting an e-mail notification...

Thanks.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this is why we read the announcements...

• edited December 1969

rg5a said:

:gulp: :lol: :roll:

Oh my.

Well, it isn't just counter-intuitive, it makes the forums kind of useless, as you can't see if somebody replied to something, short of getting an e-mail notification...

Thanks.

Quoted for agreement. Probably be 5 people coming along to tell you that you can just view new posts as a workaround, but who wants to bother much with a forum that requires a workaround just to read the most recent posts. lol

And if we are to go by the announcement thread at the top of the forum on issues they are working on or plan to work on, this one isn't one of them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Once they have finished working on the store side of things, then they will start tweaking the forums.

The store does have priority.

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Once they have finished working on the store side of things, then they will start tweaking the forums.

The store does have priority.

I realize the store has priority, but the messed up forums are losing money at the store. In my case, the forums are what kept me excited about things. Product WIPS, product announcements and render threads, are what got me buying. I was spending 50-75 dollars a week, right now I'm not sure I've spent $75 in 2 months. I tried not to say much about it, having faith it would be restored soon, But I find myself losing interest more and more, mostly because the forums themselves aren't fun anymore.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Agreeing with Ameesa — I'm definitely not buying as much as I used to as well, mainly due to the difficulty of finding anything in the new store once it's fallen off the New Releases category. Which is itself apparently being tossed into the blender, rearranging everything, almost every time I look at it. I used to buy older stuff fairly regularly; now I have to depend on the forums for notices of sales and things of older items, but with the forums in the current state that just isn't reliable any more.

Let's not forget the handful of items that just plain never appeared in New Releases.

It's been two months...

• rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I felt like a disturbance in the force, like the sudden cry of a reply having been deleted here (not a very virulent either)...
    (Not mine, I just got a notification about it, and notifications now carry the full text...) %-P

Anyway, guys, don't turn this into a frustration venting thread. It doesn't help any, it just stigmatizes you as a bunch of nasty naysayers. DAZ might not be what it once was, but they still own this place, so, anybody who isn't happy about how it is run, well...

(As for me, my presence here is spotty at best lately, so don't bother replying. I might look in in a month or twelve.)