[Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legions Bundle [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525

The legions are on the march! The Roman Legion was one of the most effective fighting forces of the ancient world. The Contubernium represented the smallest unit within the legion, a "squad" consisting of 8 men. Follow the same group of men as they do various activities within the legion, from guarding, marching, fighting, and more! The Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legion bundle contains 78 unique billboard figures to allow you to tell the complete story of the Roman Legion! Fill your ancient world battle scenes with a variety of high-quality, flexible, and easy-to-use billboards. They're perfect as a backdrop for the main action that you add.

This Bundle includes:

• Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Centurions and Aquilifers (Roman Legion Vol I) (14 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Charging (Roman Legion Vol II) (8 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Fighting (Roman Legion Vol III) (8 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Guarding (Roman Legion Vol IV) (8 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Injured (Roman Legion Vol V) (8 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Marching (Roman Legion Vol VI) (8 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Ready (Roman Legion Vol VII) (8 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Standing (Roman Legion Vol VIII) (8 Billboards)
  • Now-Crowd Billboards - Roman Legionaries Standing (Roman Legion Vol VIII) (8 Billboards)

Billboards are a fantastically quick and resource-easy way to add background crowds to your scenes. These pre-rendered elements are great to play the background characters in your scene. The Now-Crowd Billboards improve on standard billboards by providing 72 different views for every billboard figure. Change a billboard figure to 12 different horizontal angles and 6 different vertical angles. When your camera moves, the Now-Crowd Billboards can be changed to match.

There are also great scripts to make these billboards easy to use! There is one script to turn the billboards to face the camera and another script to change the billboard figure angle based on horizontal and vertical orientation. Finally, there is a script that pushes your billboard directly away from your camera view or pulls it towards you.

Notes: For Iray and 3Delight

No figures are included with this product.

No other products are needed to use this Now-Crowd Billboards product.

Note that Now-Crowd Billboard products are large (multiple GB) because of the many textures (72 images per figure x number of figures) and can take a while to download.

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 473K
popup_01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 375K
popup_02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 548K
popup_03.jpg
1000 x 1498 - 337K
popup_04.jpg
1200 x 1300 - 512K
popup_05.jpg
1689 x 1000 - 624K
popup_06.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 364K
popup_07.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 496K
popup_08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 432K
popup_09.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 587K
popup_10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 426K
popup_11.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 451K
popup_12.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 530K
popup_13.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 488K
popup_14.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 433K
popup_15.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 452K
popup_16.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 473K
popup_17.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 357K
popup_18.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 474K
popup_19.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 786K
popup_20.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 519K
popup_21.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 328K
popup_22.jpg
1778 x 1000 - 558K
popup_23.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 493K
popup_24.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 424K
popup_25.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 432K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 422K
popup_07.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 394K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 513K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 523K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 414K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 500K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 412K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 481K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 495K
popup_06.jpg
2060 x 1180 - 524K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• The RED CrownThe RED Crown Posts: 247
    edited May 2021

God knows how much effort you put forth And tiredness to operate those products , All I can say is excellent and very wonderful .heartkissyes

Do not forget the civilization of China And Persians Troops .wink

You deserve the Great Products Medal .

Medal Ribbon 50 Full.png
    343 x 872 - 96K
    Post edited by The RED Crown on
    edited May 2021

About Ready - guarding - marching and Standing modes . I see that is 5 troops More than enough ( 8 troops ) , As if they are the same .

insted of that make it with horse .

28eb0d4814283a86a5a9ad1380336105.jpg
    976 x 1000 - 131K
    gettyimages-76965307-612x612.jpg
    612 x 499 - 67K
    Post edited by The RED Crown on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525

The RED Crown said:

God knows how much effort you put forth And tiredness to operate those products , All I can say is excellent and very wonderful .heartkissyes

Do not forget the civilization of China And Persians Troops .wink

You deserve the Great Products Medal .

Thank you!  And it was way, way too much effort smiley  I will keep the Chinese and Persian troops in mind.

The RED Crown said:

About Ready - guarding - marching and Standing modes . I see that is 5 troops More than enough ( 8 troops ) , As if they are the same .

It is 8 troops to keep the Contubernium idea as that was a good dividing amount (Daz wanted this product split into sub-products).  I thought of the mounted auxiliaries but that would require at least 3 more sub-products, and I was tired.  I have them down as an eventual addition if Roman Legions does well.

RiverSoftArt said:

The RED Crown said:

It is 8 troops to keep the Contubernium idea as that was a good dividing amount (Daz wanted this product split into sub-products).  I thought of the mounted auxiliaries but that would require at least 3 more sub-products, and I was tired.  I have them down as an eventual addition if Roman Legions does well.

I understand the scope of your Works .

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,703

Awesome :)

Silent Winter said:

Awesome :)

Thanks! smiley

Sooo many sets, I to IX (nice topical use of roman numerals) - and are those barbarians a forthcoming bundle, or did I miss one?

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,021

Into the cart they go. Just a reminder (because you are obviously at a loose end) that general purpose slaves would be a great addition: basic scruffy tunics would probably serve a variety of timelines, but some better dressed ones for senators and bigwigs.

Barbarians also useful.

And it is released!  And the Barbarian Warriors Bundle is in testing.

Silent Winter said:

Sooo many sets, I to IX (nice topical use of roman numerals) - and are those barbarians a forthcoming bundle, or did I miss one?

Yes, it was fun to really need to use the roman numerals! laugh  The barbarians are a forthcoming bundle that is in testing.

James_H said:

Into the cart they go. Just a reminder (because you are obviously at a loose end) that general purpose slaves would be a great addition: basic scruffy tunics would probably serve a variety of timelines, but some better dressed ones for senators and bigwigs.

Barbarians also useful.

Thanks!  I hope you like it.  The Now-Crowd Billboards - Romans includes some billboards for servants/slaves.  The Now-Crowd Billboards - Ancient World includes billboards for dancers and musicians which can fit too.  The Barbarian Warriors are on the way. smiley

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

Ooh, glad to see the barbarians are coming too. These sets will make doing massive battles far easier. I would also love a fantasy medieval battle with knights and creatures. We already have awesome zombies, but other undead would be cool, along with orcs, ogres, wyverns, centaurs, elves, etc.

• ExeterExeter Posts: 65

Those look great!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

You were really busy. That explains, why you have not released any new scripts recently.

I know, that one need to take a break from programming from time to time, so billboards are a great excuse for that.

maraich said:

Ooh, glad to see the barbarians are coming too. These sets will make doing massive battles far easier. I would also love a fantasy medieval battle with knights and creatures. We already have awesome zombies, but other undead would be cool, along with orcs, ogres, wyverns, centaurs, elves, etc.

Ack!  That is a lot of work! smiley I definitely want to do a few of these; the question is when.

Exeter said:

Those look great!

Thank you!

Artini said:

You were really busy. That explains, why you have not released any new scripts recently.

I know, that one need to take a break from programming from time to time, so billboards are a great excuse for that.

Yup!  I had to do both sides in order to make good battle promos... but that delayed things a lot!  

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,042

I had no clear use for these. No driving need. I tossed them into the cart, added the tutorial, two shaders and burned my credit card and blew my 3D budget to hell and back for the month.

First thanks for the discount for having 'Romans'.

The complete set is gorgeous and a work of art and clear dedication to excellance. I salute you sir!

memcneil70 said:

I had no clear use for these. No driving need. I tossed them into the cart, added the tutorial, two shaders and burned my credit card and blew my 3D budget to hell and back for the month.

First thanks for the discount for having 'Romans'.

The complete set is gorgeous and a work of art and clear dedication to excellance. I salute you sir!

Thank you!  I appreciate the kind words (and the long term support!  Sorry about your credit card blush).  I do think these came out really, really well.

Oh they did. I just finished a render and turned my back as I hit render, checked my other computers, swung back and it was done! Fantastic. 

Weirdest thing happened though, I had a plane under the set and when I tried to move the billboards with your script, it kept grabbing the plane. Finally it twisted it up like a pretzel and the camera was moved. I deleted the plane, and started working on getting the camera back to where it had been. The set, 4 billboards, an HDRI and I considered it good. Success. Not a masterpiece but I am happy.

memcneil70 said:

Oh they did. I just finished a render and turned my back as I hit render, checked my other computers, swung back and it was done! Fantastic. 

Weirdest thing happened though, I had a plane under the set and when I tried to move the billboards with your script, it kept grabbing the plane. Finally it twisted it up like a pretzel and the camera was moved. I deleted the plane, and started working on getting the camera back to where it had been. The set, 4 billboards, an HDRI and I considered it good. Success. Not a masterpiece but I am happy.

Did you have the plane selected?  Which script was it?  If it was from Now-Crowd Utilities (highly recommend BTW if you like now-crowds), the scripts will alter planes in a selected group.

Yes, but I didn't try to select it, the script did it by itself. I kept trying to unselect it. And I used the included script in the product, not sure if it was 'Guarding' or 'Romans' but I had added the 'Guarding' characters first, then added the 'Romans' second, so it might have been that one. I finally figured out which one to use that allowed me to select one character at a time. I think this was more my lack of experience and need to push past fear of scripts in general. Why I also bought that tutorial on plugins and scripts you are in also yesterday. Now I need to sit down and learn from it.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606

Great work, albeit not cheap for the complete set. I guess that I'll abstain unless I absolutely need this. But impressive nevertheless. 

memcneil70 said:

Yes, but I didn't try to select it, the script did it by itself. I kept trying to unselect it. And I used the included script in the product, not sure if it was 'Guarding' or 'Romans' but I had added the 'Guarding' characters first, then added the 'Romans' second, so it might have been that one. I finally figured out which one to use that allowed me to select one character at a time. I think this was more my lack of experience and need to push past fear of scripts in general. Why I also bought that tutorial on plugins and scripts you are in also yesterday. Now I need to sit down and learn from it.

Ok, well if you have any questions, let me know. smiley

edited May 2021

odastein said:

Great work, albeit not cheap for the complete set. I guess that I'll abstain unless I absolutely need this. But impressive nevertheless. 

Thanks.  Pricing is not under my control (though I did ask for a discount for Now-Crowd - Romans owners), and considering the set is almost 3x the size of a regular Now-Crowd, it is not unreasonable.  Dividing it up into 9 products was not fun either, but does give you the ability to mix and match.  Anyway, with Daz, if you wait long enough, the price drops like a rock. surprise

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • RandomRandom Posts: 201
    edited May 2021

Great set and so much work. The red is so bright (modern chemistry). I tried with Photoshop changing the dress color on one of the romans from the Ancient World set but that screwed the image up (composit?). So I'm wondering if color editing is a possiblity.

Post edited by Random on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Icredible looking set. I LOVE That someone is taking pains to make historical products.

RiverSoftArt said:

odastein said:

Thanks.  Pricing is not under my control (though I did ask for a discount for Now-Crowd - Romans owners), and considering the set is almost 3x the size of a regular Now-Crowd, it is not unreasonable. 

And that discount applies if you don't have Romans yet but buy it in the same cart too. Makes for quite a bargain as Romans is already 50% off (and 60% off if you buy it with a new release (such as the Legions bundle)).

Dividing it up into 9 products was not fun either, but does give you the ability to mix and match.  Anyway, with Daz, if you wait long enough, the price drops like a rock. surprise

Random said:

Great set and so much work. The red is so bright (modern chemistry). I tried with Photoshop changing the dress color on one of the romans from the Ancient World set but that screwed the image up (composit?). So I'm wondering if color editing is a possiblity.

Thanks.  I am glad you like it. smiley

Color editing would be difficult, though not impossible.