[Released] Osoview Arid Scrub and Pine Ridge Backdrops [Commercial]

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

Ever feel you need to sort of... fill in that bit behind these trees or some other scene, but the prospect of plopping down an environment with a thousand trees is a bit... much?

Backdrops are perfect! Set up one or more backdrops at various distances, adjust diffuse overlay to create a sense of distance haze, and voilà! A credible sense of landscape and distance at a small fraction of the render load.

These backdrops are inspired by landscape here in California's central valley and some of the other fairly dry, evergreen vistas in northern California. The climate here is Mediterranean, and I believe these backdrops are familiar to a number of similar places in the world (northern Italy, for example).

This product pairs well with UltraSceneryPro, but can also add some depth to any outdoor scene.

Also, importantly, these backdrops are transparent masked so you can easily use them with skies of your choice (or further backdrops).

Post edited by Oso3D on

Comments

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 836
    edited May 2021
    Will, I'm not seeing this in the store but there's a swirling thumbnail that won't load so that's probably it. Do you have a link I can follow? EDIT: Nevermind, I did a store search and it popped up. Very interesting product. *thumbs up*
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Couple of quickies with UltraScenery

• Ah, generally-outdoorsy backdrops are always good to have.  :D   Just added this one to my get-list. :D

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited May 2021

A bit more complete

Daybreak 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Got this when it was released and it made me fall in love with my exterior scenes.  Previously I had lit them with Sun/Sky and wasn't happy with the results (I should study that technique more blush )  I love HDRIs/IBLs but the horizon always proved problematic in terms of composition.  Osoview solves that yesyes

I use Osoview with Cloudscape:  for me it's as natural a pairing as bacon and eggs (or burger and fries)laugh

Here are some scenes:

Finally was able to use the Swiss Baroque Castle in a way I was happy with in Iray wink

Had previously tried a backdrop with Sun/Sky for Tuscan Villa; I like this better heart

Except for Osoview, Cloudscape and the statue made from Sculptural Genesis 8 Ultra Fun Kit, everything else in this scene was originally 3Delight and converted to Iray.

Osoview, Cloudscape, Medieval Lands and the new Castle Creator:  a perfect combination heart