Wrap Around Background for D|S 3.1.2.32

kristafeekristafee Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I've searched through these boards as best I can with regards to background. My question is can a background wrap around so that it can be caught in a reflection. The black spaces in the reflection are open to the outside. Is it even possible to wrap the background .jpg around?

*crosses fingers*

Thank you

Wrap_Around_Background.jpg
1500 x 843 - 927K

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

The only way to make the background anything but a flat plane, at least that I'm aware of, is to make it a physical item within your scene.

The multiplane cyclorama was designed to do precisely this kind of thing: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=multiplane+cyclorama

Alternatively, use one or more primitives to create background planes and map your image onto them.

• kristafeekristafee Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's what I was afraid of :/ Thanks DWG.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You could try with this one:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/62857/gallery/11/Poser/HoboBo-cyclorama-Ultimate-bundle
    I don't know whether your picture fits the 360° one, but as it is free ...

edited December 1969

Oh thank you. I do have the Multiplane Cyclorama and have used that before. I was just hoping to be able to turn a .jpg into something similar. Thanks so much for the link.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2012

I've got a tutorial up (click here) that covers using a sphere primitive mapped with a seamless jpg (several included) as an all-encompassing sky backdrop. It will show in reflective surfaces -- the directions are for DS4, but I was using this method in DS3 and it worked fine. Hope it helps!

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

That is awesome, thank you! In fact i looked through DAZCreativeContests and a few other DAZ Groups first before coming here. Don't know how i missed that. This gives me hope and makes me happy!!!

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Considering the type of image, you can get away with creating five or six planes. Place them either in a cube (in which case you'll need six planes) or inversed pyramid (5 planes) shape and apply the image to the four sides. You'll definitely need a grey ceiling plane too.