Diffeomorphic -Daz to Blender - costume missing?

MatinickMatinick Posts: 8
edited July 2021 in New Users

-Sorry I made a wrong title it is Diffeomorphic that im using and not the Daz to blender.

Hello everyone im new here to daz studio and im really impressed with the amount of available 3d libraries objects you can use aside from the pretty Genesis figures! anyway im using the newest version of Daz studio 4.15 and exported it to blender using the Diffeomorphic which works pretty well exept for the costumes! I was wondering what went wrong if someone could direct me and guide me on how to load the costumes and proper directories would be appreciated, I attached a picture to show what I have done.

1.jpg
1152 x 537 - 105K
2.jpg
1194 x 627 - 75K
3.jpg
1170 x 592 - 59K
4.jpg
940 x 856 - 145K
Post edited by Matinick on

Comments

• MatinickMatinick Posts: 8

Hello everyone im new here to daz studio and im really impressed with the amount of available 3d libraries objects you can use aside from the pretty Genesis figures! anyway im using the newest version of Daz studio 4.15 and exported it to blender using the Diffeomorphic which works pretty well exept for the costumes! I was wondering what went wrong if someone could direct me and guide me on how to load the costumes and proper directories would be appreciated, I attached a picture to show what I have done.

- to the mods I should have posted this on this section since its blender related you can delete my post from the new user thread

cc4e555b60476f22a3f333b298da7c.jpg
    1152 x 537 - 59K
    cd331ec3b2b84dd7d6419bcef31922.jpg
    1194 x 627 - 84K
    3883911b93da57af483d70d10690c1.jpg
    1170 x 592 - 62K
    024f06950044900d85c0ca80c6e988.jpg
    940 x 856 - 190K
  • Krys KryngleKrys Kryngle Posts: 304

First thing that comes to mind would be the directory paths.  Try loading one of the missing items in a DAZ scene all by itself, then export that to Blender using Diffeomorphic.  If it still can't find it, I would think it's a directory issue. 

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,610
    edited July 2021

FYI I tried to span some content on multiple disks then I added the folders both to daz and blender and everything works fine here. I only use manual install though, not DIM or connect.

You may need to find out where the missing asset is located in your daz folders, and if it is a manual install or a dim or a connect. This may help Thomas to better evaluate the issue. Then you may also try to copy/reinstall the missing asset to a new folder to check if it works this way.

Post edited by Padone on

Hi Krampus all the items clothing and figure were loading properly on Daz studio but after opening the file on blender using Diffeomorphic the clothing are missing. The basic wear clothes for genesis 8 are loading properly on blender but all the clothings was not loading at all was wondering why. I even created many directory paths as you can see on the 2nd picture but still the clothing would not load, I was wondering where are they storing or where is the location of this missing files that are needed on the text files? I even have all the directorys added but still the clothes would not appear.

You can find the directory in DAZ by right clicking on the item and 'browse to file location'.  I use that quite a bit.  Then make sure that directory is included in the Diffeomorphic global settings. 

One thing that might help going forward, when you install daz content in daz studio, make sure everything gets installed in the same directory.  In your case, maybe use c:\users\admin\documents\daz 3d\studio\my library to install everything.  All of your textures will be in the .../runtime/textures folder.  I manually copy daz content to this folder to make sure everything is in one place and I can find it if needed.

01.png
    3840 x 2160 - 1M

@padone: yeah I did manual install some but most of the time its all by online installation download via the Daz studio3d itself not the DIM, now all my files are jumbled and its a headache trying to find and sort out all those things.

@Krampus: Thanks for the tips I will try to locate the files and do as you suggested hopefully the clothes will show up in blender, any idea where is this text file pointing at? is this asking for the files on generic directory or somewhere else? Also I noticed all the "basic wear" clothes for genesis 8 are loading on blender properly with Diffeomorphic but all other clothes doesnt which is weird they are at the same generic directory and I even make the same copy on my other drives just to make sure but still the text file still asking for these files.

024f06950044900d85c0ca80c6e988.jpg
    940 x 856 - 190K

I'm not sure where the files are on your computer, but here is a way to fix it. 

Either search for the files on your computer or manually download the Rocker outfit from the DAZ site. 

Right click, copy the 3 or 4 folders in the 'content' folder.  They should include 'data', 'people', and 'runtime' folders. 

Paste those folders to c:\users\admin\documents\daz 3d\studio\my library\   (those folders already exist there, you are adding to them)

Diffeo will then look for the '...data/mada/rockerg8/...' items in that directory since you have that directory listed in your global settings.

Basically you are re-saving the morph and texture data to a directory that is listed in the Diffeomorphic global settings so Diffeo knows where to look.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you can find the outfit in Daz Studio, you should be able to right click and browse for location.

• ThomasLarssonThomasLarsson Posts: 90
    edited July 2021

The outfit may be located in a cloud directory. When you load root paths as described in https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/setting-things-up-version-15.html, make sure that the Load Cloud Directories is enabled. It has been disabled by default since a while ago, because there may just be too many of them.

load cloud.png
    204 x 140 - 5K
    cloud.png
    479 x 442 - 43K
    Post edited by ThomasLarsson on
    edited August 2021

@Krampus: nope still doesnt work did try copying everything to my folders and ended up in a jumbled mess : ( , really appreciate the help.

@Felis: yup did already that it helps me to find the exact location im looking for but still not working.

@Thomas Larsson: Yes! it worked thank you very much how about any custom objects or modified clothing that I made which directory can I put it on?

I have now successfully loaded the figure with correct clothing on Blender but there are seperate bones for the figure and clothing, below is the rendered image (2nd pic) with blender thank you again for all the help.

1.jpg
    1507 x 800 - 136K
    Shadowthieftestblender1.jpg
    384 x 900 - 31K
    Post edited by Matinick on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,610
    edited August 2021

@Matinick Be aware that keeping a large content directory in daz studio slows down performances and also increases the chance for conflicts among assets. It is much better to only install the assets you need for the current project. Then to switch the project you just switch the content directory. This is why I only use manual install.

As for the double rig you have to merge them (setup > corrections > merge rigs). Or use "easy import" with the "merge rigs" option that does it for you.

Post edited by Padone on
  • Duplicate threads merged

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 502

ThomasLarsson said:

The outfit may be located in a cloud directory. When you load root paths as described in https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/setting-things-up-version-15.html, make sure that the Load Cloud Directories is enabled. It has been disabled by default since a while ago, because there may just be too many of them.

Thank you for this! I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I started reading the error message and thought I might have to manually add cloud folders and was about to give up (way too many!). This took seconds and loaded quickly in Blender surpriselaugh