[Released] Thickener plugin [commercial]

Comments

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

And Daz 5.0 will destroy this beautiful new plug-in? sad

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,155

WOW, you really did think of everything.  This is going to be fantastic!  Thank you! 

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,385

Leonides02 said:

And Daz 5.0 will destroy this beautiful new plug-in? sad

Well, my plan is to upgrade it for free. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,155

yes

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,151

SOLD! laugh

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

1) So if I understood correctly, this plug-in creates a new object. Can the original object then be deleted?

2) In the video I see a thickened blanket that doesn't "collapse" when dForced. How? It's awesome, I just don't quite understand it yet...

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Alberto said:

mcorr said:

About how long before thisis available? days, or weeks?

I think a week or two.

gerster said:

I guess this is not a non destructive modifier like in Blender?

Yes, it's non destructive. The original object remains intact.

Asari said:

Can we use this with obj objects imported into Studio, and will it be able to export the modified object as a single obj out of Studio into other apps?

Yes. 

Thanks. That sounds great. I rarely buy anything these days on release day but I will get this.
  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 848

Just a question, seeing as part of the appeal of the plug-in is to be able to use Gescon on non-closed mesh objects, will the thickened, post-Gescon processing object still follow the morphs and simulations of the original? I understand if that's not the case, just thought it could be neat for dilapidated armor and things like that.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,459

Does dForce take twice as long?

Hylas said:

1) So if I understood correctly, this plug-in creates a new object. Can the original object then be deleted?

2) In the video I see a thickened blanket that doesn't "collapse" when dForced. How? It's awesome, I just don't quite understand it yet...

There are two types of thickened objects: Static and Dynamic.

1) If the new object is the Static one, yes, you can delete the original object. If the new is the Dynamic one, deleting the original object will disable the new one.

2) dForce is applied to the original object, the Dynamic thickened object simply copies the mesh data of the original one at each frame.

marble said:

Does dForce take twice as long?

No, because you have to apply it only to the original object. 

Uthgard said:

Just a question, seeing as part of the appeal of the plug-in is to be able to use Gescon on non-closed mesh objects, will the thickened, post-Gescon processing object still follow the morphs and simulations of the original? I understand if that's not the case, just thought it could be neat for dilapidated armor and things like that.

After aplying Gescon, as the topology and even the vertices differ from those of the original object, the morphs and simulations are lost.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,479

Does the user have a choice of how thick to make it?
    Can thickening be applied to just selected surfaces, or is all or none?

barbult said:

Yes, the user can choose the thickness. But the thickening is applied to all the surface.

Alberto said:

barbult said:

Yes, the user can choose the thickness. But the thickening is applied to all the surface.

Thanks for the additional info.

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 848

Alberto said:

Uthgard said:

After aplying Gescon, as the topology and even the vertices differ from those of the original object, the morphs and simulations are lost.

Ah well, just as expected. Still a day-one purchase.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Can this be used to make a geoshell skin look thicker

jedijudd said:

Yes. 

Alberto said:

jedijudd said:

Yes. 

That surprises me. Geoshells don't have independent geometry, do they? After thickening, is it still a geoshell, or does it become a new regular object?

barbult said:

Alberto said:

jedijudd said:

Yes. 

That surprises me. Geoshells don't have independent geometry, do they? After thickening, is it still a geoshell, or does it become a new regular object?

The plugin can read the goemety of the geoshell, so it can create a thickened object. The geoshell remains a geoshell, unaltered.

This is an example. At the center is a cylinder (red). In the middle is the geoshell. And the exterior object is the thickened geoshell:

ThickenedGeoshell.png
    633 x 387 - 236K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited August 2021

barbult said:

Alberto said:

jedijudd said:

Yes. 

I've exported the Geoshell as its own .obj, then imported it to create clothing. Thickening indide D|S will make this soooo much better.

-- Walt Sterdan 

Post edited by wsterdan on

Here is another image of the previous example:

The cylinder is at the bottom, its geoshell in the middle, and the thickened geoshell at the top:

ThickenedGeoshell.png
    331 x 495 - 102K
  • Fab Another sale here

• @Alberto Question slash report... I grabbed this as soon as I saw it was in the store, but no Serial Number was added to my Account's Serial Numbers page... Am I missing something? It's been a while since I bought a plugin that needed a Serial Number so I can't remember what the m.o. is... Thanks!

• NathNath Posts: 2,738

I also didn't get a serial. Wouldn't be the first time DAZ forgot that detail at first...

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,066
    edited August 2021

this product targets owners of GESCON, but they get no discount .... NOT good.

Post edited by mcorr on
  • Just chiming in, I also just purchased but did not get serial #.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,171

Nath said:

I also didn't get a serial. Wouldn't be the first time DAZ forgot that detail at first...

It has happend to me with the previous Alberto's plugins, so it does not surprise me.

It is Friday, but maybe Daz will fix it soon.

• veenveen Posts: 132

same here, no serial. Must be Friday the 13th lol

• JovanniJovanni Posts: 87

I bought this. But I didn't get the serial number, lol. I have issued a ticket to the support service.
    I hope the guys from Daz fix this as soon as possible. I've been waiting for this plugin for so long!
    Thank you, Alberto, for this wonderful product!