Terrain Editor Undo Button Failure

CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I tried to search the forums for the problem I'm having, but it seems I'm the only one with the problem. I can't believe a problem like this would have not been reported earlier, if I wasn't the only one having it. None-the-less, I thought I'd post this to try to see if someone has had to deal with this, and knows how I can fix it.

The problem is; the Undo button in the Terrain Editor does not undo.

I learned how to use the Paint Effect brush from a Brinnen video, (thank you, Mr. Brinnen), where you apply an effect, such as a Raise/Lower, then click the Undo button, then use the Paint Effect brush only where you you want the effect, without affecting the whole terrain. I am able to do this easily on my old XP machine with Bryce 5.5. (That machine will not run version 7.) On my father's Windoze 8 machine with 8G of RAM on a 2gHz AMD processor, (which is the only machine available to me that runs version 7), the Undo button doesn't undo. The image in both the preview and bit map windows flicker a bit, making me think it undoes part of it, but certainly not back to where it was before applying the effect I'm trying to undo, in fact, not enough to notice a difference at all. Therefore, a subsequent Paint Effect seems to do nothing at all. Once the button is pressed, it goes and stays orange for a second or so, while it should be undoing, then goes back to blue, yet nothing is undone.

Using the CTRL-Z key combination still works as advertized, (even after clicking the Undo button, which makes me believe the button really does do nothing at all, versus a partial), so I am able to get the work done using the keyboard. I guess my problem is that I'm used to using the button, and ignore the keyboard. It slows me down.

A change in procedure will get me around this, so, this is not critical at all, and not worth the time of someone else to research just for me. Please don't do that. I was just wondering if someone else has dealt with this before, and got their Undo button to work. Perhaps a DLL issue or something like that?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The undo button on the terrain editor does not work.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited January 2015

?

Post edited by StuartB on
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@Chohole - Thank you! I'm sure I'll get used to CTRL-Z.

Quite honestly, one reason for the post is that I was concerned that I'd find other things that didn't work for the same reason, and wanted to try to get the fix in before I discovered them. Is there some kind of "known bugs" link or the like that I could reference?

I have to say; the new features in Bryce 7.1 are well worth the minor inconvenience of having to use keystroke combos.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited January 2015

@CTippetts - there used to be a bug tracker for all DAZ softwares. It was closed quite a while ago without telling anybody. If we'd knew it's going to be closed, we'd exported the Bryce data base. There was everything from Bryce 5.5 up to 7.1 (and Studio, Carrara). Many ten thousand records. Great search functions and filters. You could find almost everything within a few seconds. Also great to follow how softwares developed. A huge knowledge base, of you had a question, you found it there. I will never understand why this gem was abandoned and the data dumped.

Post edited by Horo on