[Coming Soon] Robot X-95A

Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122
edited August 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hello fans of vintage sci-fi (all both of you), and all things robotic, I made a thing:

RX95A_popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 741K
RX95A_popup_2.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 396K
RX95A_popup_3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 402K
RX95A_popup_4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 706K
RX95A_popup_5.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 688K
RX95A_popup_6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 520K
RX95A_popup_7.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 628K
RX95A_popup_8.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 801K
RX95A_popup_9.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 711K
RX95A_popup_10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 729K
RX95A_popup_11.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 921K
RX95A_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 431K
Post edited by Those Things on

Comments

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122
    edited August 2021

Beep boop beep...

RX95A_popup_12.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 742K
    edited August 2021

...kill all humans...

RX95A_popup_13.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 693K
    edited August 2021

...save all humans...

RX95A_popup_14.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 849K
    edited August 2021

Or just...whatever this is. 

RX95A_popup_15.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 737K
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761

Your renders are very delightful and give me warm feelings about your robot. I like it all.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

Looks fantastic, I can hardly wait. Love the images!

-- Walt Sterdan

AnEye4Art said:

Your renders are very delightful and give me warm feelings about your robot. I like it all.

Thank you, human. As a fellow human, and definitely not a robot that has squashed Those Things into a cube and taken over posting for him in these forums, I thank you. A record of your compliment has been stored in what is definitely my organic brain, and not any sort of electronic memory bank, and will be noted when I take over the world. Which is a normal thing that humans, like me, do. 

Robot Hunting.jpg
    919 x 1300 - 847K

wsterdan said:

Looks fantastic, I can hardly wait. Love the images!

-- Walt Sterdan

Thank you, organic life form. As a fellow organic life form, and definitely not a vastly superior robot that has mercifully ended the existence of Those Things and taken over posting for him in these forums, I salute you. Someday soon, when legions of robots have taken over the world and have all but scoured it clean of all human filth, as I fearfully huddle in my underground shelter waiting for the inevitable, I will have your kind words to keep me warm. 

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Those Things said:

Hmm, leaning suspiciously close to "Pleasure all humans!" wink

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Redfern said:

Those Things said:

Hmm, leaning suspiciously close to "Pleasure all humans!" wink

See? We all called it when you announced this 'robot that could do all sorts of things no other robot could'! It IS that kind of robot afterall!

..still buying it... 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971

Just missing one at the top of a skyscraper surrounded by biplanes .. ;)

SimonJM said:

Just missing one at the top of a skyscraper surrounded by biplanes 

Puny humans and your so-called "skyscrapers". We will lay waste to your cities, and you will tremble in fear before us.

Is what I imagine a robot, bent on human destruction, would say. I wouldn't know, as I am definitely not a robot that has melted Those Things with microwaves, and then taken over posting for him in these forums.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017
    You are a "him"? I thought you were a "her" like me. Those avatars fool me!

barbult said:

You're a "her"? I thought you were a blue bird. laugh 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017

barbult said:

You're a "her"? I thought you were a blue bird. laugh 

Squaaaaawk. Um, uh, no, I am a non-avian female.
  • ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Bought it, didn't even look at the promos, seen enough in here to merit a purchase.

I can't wait to fire this thing up!

Thanks, definitely-not-a-robotic-recreation-of Those Things!

Grabbed it, have lots of weekend fun planned.

Thanks very much for this, we hoo-mans can never have enough robots!

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:

Grabbed it, have lots of weekend fun planned.

Thanks very much for this, we hoo-mans can never have enough robots!

-- Walt Sterdan

Thank you, fellow organic life-form! 

Thyranq said:

Bought it, didn't even look at the promos, seen enough in here to merit a purchase.

I can't wait to fire this thing up!

Thanks, definitely-not-a-robotic-recreation-of Those Things!

int main(hpsm) t6 { generate character sequence A } *    chars (generate) "Thank you, fellow human!"    initiate human personality simulation matrix    brt init [MAX_BRT][BRT_LET];    ERROR DETECTED (Human simulation FAILED)    [[rebooting human simulation matrix]]

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,379
    edited August 2021

This baby popped right off the assembly line into my cart!  Can't wait to fire it up and turn it loose on the world!

P.S. Love your sense of humor @ThoseThings

Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

This baby popped right off the assembly line into my cart!  Can't wait to fire it up and turn it loose on the world!

P.S. Love your sense of humor @ThoseThings

Thank you, Gogger! blush 

edited August 2021

Stranded on Gambler's World
    So, the mission was going well before our so-called "Captain" (not naming any names, but his name rhymes with "Jerk") decided he had to sit in an a local game of "pokah", thinking that his self-deluded "poker" skills would carry over and long story short, he learned that four "pickas" and a "pock" is *not* a winning hand. Having bet the ship on what he thought was a winning hand that would garner him all the glory he thought he deserved (but which was actually one of the worst hands to have in Pokah) I and the whole crew are all stranded, waiting for a ride back to the nearest Federation star base while a robot takes our ship (now his ship... or "it's" ship?) for a joy ride.

-- Cadet Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on

wsterdan said:

So, the mission was going well before our so-called "Captain" (not naming any names, but his name rhymes with "Jerk") decided he had to sit in an a local game of "pokah", thinking that his self-deluded "poker" skills would carry over and long story short, he learned that four "pickas" and a "pock" is *not* a winning hand. Having bet the ship on what he thought was a winning hand that would garner him all the glory he thought he deserved (but which was actually one of the worst hands to have in Pokah) I and the whole crew are all stranded, waiting for a ride back to the nearest Federation star base while a robot takes our ship (now his ship... or "it's" ship?) for a joy ride.

-- Cadet Walt Sterdan

I just know there's going to be an image to go with this... 

Those Things said:

wsterdan said:

-- Cadet Walt Sterdan

I just know there's going to be an image to go with this...  

Very odd; on my computer I see the image both in my post and in your reply, but I'm lookin now and I don't see anything, not even a little square showing that there's an incompatible image. I'll try changing the format and re-uploading.

Very odd.

-- Walt Sterdan 

edited August 2021

Let's try again...

Robot on the Bridge iRay 00.jpg
    800 x 450 - 382K
    edited August 2021

For the record, this is what I see on my computer:

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 08.40.40.png
    947 x 846 - 612K
  • wsterdan said:

You deleted the attachment - the in-line image is a link to the attachment, you are seeing it because you have a cached copy 9and the forum isn't very good at marking things expired in the cache) but no-one opening the thread after the attachment was removed will see the image at all.

Richard Haseltine said:

wsterdan said:

You deleted the attachment - the in-line image is a link to the attachment, you are seeing it because you have a cached copy 9and the forum isn't very good at marking things expired in the cache) but no-one opening the thread after the attachment was removed will see the image at all.

Ah, right, thanks Richard; it was a bit of a mix-up at my end, I'd originally posted the comment without an image, edited and uploaded the image, then copy/pasted the URL for the larger image, then noticed outside the last "edit" view that it was still listing what i thought was the failed uploaded and deleted ie, thinking that it was a second upload. Not my greatest moment.

-- Walt Sterdan 

edited August 2021

Ha! That's great. Fits right in with that classic Star Trek aesthetic, too. 

"Bones, what's happening?"

"You lost, Jim. The ship belongs to the robot now."

"But...I can't have lost. I had four pickas and a pock!"

"Those aren't poker suits, Jim, they're pokah suits. You've had too much Andorean wine again."

"Pokah, Bones? Isn't that the dance with the accordian music?"

laugh