Those Lips!

nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm trying to create a character (for GENESIS) with a certain shaped lips that show the two front upper teeth. I'm not sure if there's a name for these kind of lips (see attached image), but I have tried several times to use the DForm tool (spent several hours actually trying to do this) but I can never seem to get it right - I can't make the Field shape precise enough that it will pull the top lip up without affecting the bottom lip.

If anyone knows of any Genesis characters that have these kind of lips or if you know how I can create them myself, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

beautiful_lips_09.jpg
700 x 520 - 35K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't know of any premade ones, but you could send it over the Bridge to Hexagon, and it should be a lot easier to create the look you need. On returning to DS4, a morph will be created my Morph Loader Pro for your new shape.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

maybe something like this

ElizaLips.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 538K
    edited December 1969

Another Setup.

ElizaSmoothLipz.jpg
    844 x 1049 - 160K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,377
    edited December 1969

They are both very nice characters.
    And please which hair is that.
    Thank you

edited December 1969

They are both very nice characters.
    And please which hair is that.
    Thank you

is A3-Dixie Hair.
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I am just beginner, but I think as Jimmy said ,it is more easy to use Hexagon than D-from.when create shape morph.
    of course some of products can change the parts of face, but you can make morph easy by hexagon,
    if you can make morph by d-form.

I can not tell all the step how to make morph by hexagon, but tell some points and setting picture.

I hope it can some help for you.

1. in vertex mode, use symmetry option, and check soft selection option with setting.
    Radius is important, I oftne set 0.05 or 0.1 when I tweak detail

2 you can smooth more by UV&Paint; tool, Soften tool.
    it is better just click the parts where you want to smooth.
    you can set brush tool size, and Strength.

lipmorph3.JPG
    862 x 627 - 96K
    lipmorhph2.JPG
    792 x 578 - 118K
    lipmorph1.JPG
    1000 x 710 - 151K
    edited December 1969

Great explanation, the images will help a lot, thanks

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

You may also want to try DieTrying's free morph set: http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/View/11/Poser/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

Has a lot of options for face and body morphs (including lips) and while the original set was meant for V4, the Genesis version can easily be used for both genders.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

@Jimmy

thank you! I hope it can help something Lee.
    before I can easily find the documents how to make morph with hexagon bridge.

I think Hexagon is not difficult to learn, and Hexagon bridge works good when I make morph, but
    feel more guidance need when someone stop the work and want to save untill finish making morph and send back daz sutido.

Import and export setting. and How to set morph loader option (pro correctly)

Now I checked the document of official doucments center ,
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/start
    I can not find them. is there any good document pr video tutorial for whom want to make genesis morph by hexagon?

@ZamuelNow

YES!! I think DieTrying’s free morph sets is more good products than genesis body and face morph sets for me.
    if I want to adjust quickly I use it every time for genesis. the morph sets is great..I recommend it too!!

and it is useful when tweak detail ,
    adjust almost shape by some morph sets.(and Die Tryings morph works great!!)
    then send to hexagon, tweak vertex. (so setting manuall is improtant, I think,,)

edited December 1969

There is a section in the DS3 manual called Hexagon Bridge which goes into it for DS3. It may not be exactly the same using DS4, but it could help?

• nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been away for a few days.
    Anyway, I actually did find something useful: Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 2, which has a "pouty lip" morph. It's close but not exactly what I wanted. But I think I will give Hexagon a try. Thanks for posting the illustrations!

Leee