"Outline" render script only renders plain white

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the render script "outline" as it's the only one not really working and I don't really know why. Like the attached picture shows, it only renders in complete white, like a silhouette. I use the default lightning setup when creating a new scene.

I'm sure it must be a simple solution but I'm bit lost and haven't found a solution on the web :)

outline-render.jpg
320 x 323 - 10K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

How is it meant to render?

• giovannipaologiovannipaolo Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Greetings! Try saving the file, closing and reopening. It might be a memory issue. :coolsmile:

• edited December 1969

Problem partially resolved as I didn't find a solution for this renderer but got the results I wanted through the toonycam asset.
    Case closed :)

• BalooBaloo Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

In case oyu don't get what you what with Tooncam: you're not making any mistake, you're simply looking at the render output instead of the 3 files created while rendering. Their path is specified in Renderer Files / Outline directory just below the Scripted 3Delight selection.

I've put a screenshot here.

Cheers

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 179
    edited July 2022

In case someone finds this in the future: the solution is that you need to set the Rendered Files | Outline Directory. If the outline renders have nowhere to go, then the user gets nothing other than a single white silhouette render. This output path is different than the one in the main render settings ('Image path').

Post edited by Martirilla on