Cuffed Hair causing Crash

DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I bought the Cuffed hair but it makes Daz crash when I try to apply it to a Genesis Michael Hero figure. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,899
    edited December 1969

What version of DS4 are you using?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
    edited December 1969

I'm using 4.03. I know there are some issues with elements that were related to Poser and I think this is one of them. It didn't install in the usual hair directory, but one in the runtime folder. I can't make heads or tails out of how things are filed in this program.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I'm having no problems here with loading it using 4.5rc3. I'll see if I can replicate your results on a machine running 4.0.3.47 later this afternoon.

Kendall

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

dkutzera said:
    I'm using 4.03. I know there are some issues with elements that were related to Poser and I think this is one of them. It didn't install in the usual hair directory, but one in the runtime folder. I can't make heads or tails out of how things are filed in this program.

There are four kinds of hair. Three are Poser compatible and therefore install under runtime: Prop hair, the oldest, installs in Runtime/libraries/Props, .PP2 extension. Character type hair splits into .CR2 extension, installs in runtime/libraries/characters and .HR2 extension which installs in runtime/libraries/hair, .HR2 and .CR2 are pretty much the same thing but for the file type. And the newest is Gen 5 hair for Genesis, which installs in (your content folder )/hair and is Studio only. It all makes sense if you understand which file types originated in Poser and which in Studio. (And none of them actually need to be in the folders they install into by default, I drag all my poser hair into the runtime/libraries/hair folder to keep it all in one place).

There are also two types of dynamic hair, Poser and Studio, but they are rare as hens teeth.

Getting back to your problem, there are two generations of Cuffed Tail. Cuffed Tail was for Gen 3, Cuffed Tail 2 was for Gen 4. Which are you using? Both work fine, and poser format stuff works fine with Genesis in general, but it's possible you hit on something that's a problem - is the problem repeatable and what does your log file say?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the information. Your throwing down a lot of terminology I don't understand. I will poke around further and see if I can find alternate versions of the hair in different files. I'll also look for the log to see what it says.