Face Mojo Vs FaceMotion?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,623

I've seen demos of this and videos, and would like to give it a try. Is there a difference in these two product?

Am I right that I need two things: the iphone app to record the fbx files, and then a Daz Plugin to apply the motion data to a Daz figure in Daz Studio?

I haven't found any step by step tutorial on how to do this, and Facemotion's plugin appears to be for PC only. I'm on a Mac and for GPU reasons still using Daz 4.12.

Thanks.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,904

The difference is that the creators were originally working together on Face Mojo, but split ways, apparently due to Laylo's decision to use different morph shapes than the ones FreeNomon developed. I haven't used either, but based on the demo videos, I would say that Face Motion is clearly the superior product.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,623

Thanks. I think I'll give it a shot. Is Face Mojo ever on sale? Or is there a trial version?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,904

It's in the Daz store, so it's safe to say that it will be on sale from time to time. I'm not aware of a demo version, and I'd be surprised if one exists.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,623

Update. Bought the Gen 8 version of Face Mojo and it works just fine on my older Mac Pro Tower system. Even works with Daz 4.10. Very impressive. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    edited November 2021

In my experience, Face Mojo worked great for me. I am still looking hard at facemotion3d. I did ask about saving pose expressions from facemotion3d and apparently they tested it and it worked. You cannot export a facial expression as a pose from Face Mojo and that was a disappointment to me for how I wanted to use it. The price point of facemotion3d is a bit step however.

Post edited by Greybro on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Can anyone who's used facemotion3d give it a thumbs up or down?

BB

• NZDreamerNZDreamer Posts: 4
    edited January 2023

i use facemotion3d for blender and unreal engine because its blendshapes are more accurate than shapes from programs like character creator. character creator mocap looks like the character always has something massive stuck in there mouth but facemotion3d actually looks like how you recorded the mocap following how wide your mouth actually is for example. i have not purchased the daz licence as its bloody expensive just like facemojo but the unreal and blender licenses are $30 each nzd and work with all characters not just 1 gen with 1 sex per license costing 100usd each like the in daz options

Post edited by NZDreamer on