Solution for Loading Bryce on Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger)

JudahwinksJudahwinks Posts: 1
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Chohole-

I read the Vis C++ solution you recommended for someone having installation issues on a Windows OS. Could this be the solution for Mac 10.4 also. If so where can I download the extension? The first error message I get is Bryce 7.0 Pro not found in location. Also when I click on the Daz 3D dim in applications it says Daz3DIM not supported on system.

Any advice you would share will be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2015

A windows solution won't help you on a Mac. I will see if I can find a Mac person to give you some advice.

Bryce can be installed manually, you don't need to use DIM if that won't work on your computer.

Go to your account , click "my Account at the top right of your screen, sign in again if necessary, and then download the Bryce_7.1.0.109_Mac32.zip 276.52 MB file once you have that installed you can then install the 2 content files

You will find the smaller one BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Mac.zip 22.74 MB on the Bryce 7 upgrade and the larger one

BryceContent_7.0.0.21_Mac.zip 675.43 MB on the Bryce 7 page there

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,875
    edited December 1969

What hardware are you on? 10.4 is rather old so I guess you are running a G4 or similar, which basically is way to old for DIM or DAZ Studio, but might work with older versions of Bryce. I'm not the right person to answer about how to install Bryce (I never got it fully working, lol)

• JudahwinksJudahwinks Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Chohole & Totte,

Please excuse my delayed expression of gratitude for the information you gave me on 2/21/15; thank you very much for your advice. I finally got Bryce 7.1` loaded on my Mac 10.4 a week later; I had to make several attempts but suddenly it loaded.

Your guys are more than awesome- you're angels; ones sent to assist and guide :)

Peace and blessings to you both !