Batch conversion?

Hey hey hey =)

I dont suppose there is a program or way to batch convert a ton of carrara native files into .obj or .fbx format?!? I saved a bunch of items into Carrara folders over the years and dont have the original file the .car was made from. The thought of doing it one-by-one for 18 some odd years worth of "stuff"........

Comments

• I can't help... but great to see you posting. yes

• you could always import them all into the same Carrara file if not too big and then export to a program that will load them as individual meshes, hint that's just about everything except DAZ studiocheeky

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

There is software called P3DO that reads and can convert Carrara files if I recall.

I think you need the paid version for conversion. I cannot give you the link because its is on a competing site.

• thanks =) great ideas, will give them a shot and see what works.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

cdordoni said:

There is software called P3DO that reads and can convert Carrara files if I recall.

I think you need the paid version for conversion. I cannot give you the link because its is on a competing site.

I have used P3DO for a long time, and checked the site which has a page for Carrara features.  It can do a lot but I don't see conversion, if you find that let us know.

I use the program mostly for previewing mocap files, including Poser format.  A great tool.