I'm just going to stand here doing this and if anyone gets hit, it's entirely their own fault...

PGrePGre Posts: 95
edited January 2022 in Carrara Discussion

Another thread made me start thinking about hand-animating figures in Carrara again. There's a lot of problems here, but the basic idea is to stabilize the feet by reversing the rotations of the hip through the thigh, shin, and foot bones. At one point I had a PyCarrara script that would calculate the offset per frame of the foot translation and reposition the hip to keep the foot locked. I didn't know how to do the same for rotations so here I'm just doing it by hand. Near the end there is a pop at the ankle from whatever is going on with between the tweener and the constraints, but otherwise it almost works. I haven't played much with Cascadeur, but this hip-foot relationship is something that Akeytsu does very well. Also, it looks like Iclone8 will have much better tools for, if nothing else, adjusting mocap. It would be nice to have these tool sets in at least DAZ Studio, but I don't think they have the dev resources and instead the bridges are an attempt to stay relevant as Unreal and Unity continue to slide into the animation space.

I dont know if the attached .gif works, so here is the youtube link.

M4FootIK.gif
640 x 480 - 6M
Post edited by PGre on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,967

nice animation - luxcky I ducked

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056
    edited January 2022

cool and M4 has IK that works, want a challenge try Genesis+ cheeky Mark Moir had a thread on that

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on