Genesis problems (and Dformers)

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi folks... finally starting this amazing switchover to Genesis... but i'm running into snags, walls and strange sticky things on the floor i can't quite identify...

it's only the main issues i'll bug you folks with, then i'll go away and be quiet:
-I can't make any Dformers on Genesis... it keeps saying 'this requires an object with geometry to be selected'...
-is there a way to transfer all my old V4.2 morphs to Genesis? i mean, i think i might have bought every morph ever made for the girl and now i'm using them all easy as breathing, i miss them terminaly when using Genesis... not to mention the custom ones i made myself
I used a script to copy them all across... but for some reason, they are a complete spazzy mess... can't use any of them unless i want to design a cactus person...

also, i've never been able to open genesis without getting some kind of error message... it's only through trial, error and rather careful deletion of files that i can even get it to load at all... although i thought at first that this might be the cause, it was actually aditional free content and morphs that were in the way... non-system sorts of files and all ones silly me had got

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

If you want to convert your V4 morphs to Genesis you need to pick up Genesis Generation X and M4/V4 Shapes for Genesis.

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not on a computer with DS4 to double check, but you can use Dformers, you just have to have Genesis Selected, and not a particular node or limb. Screws me up all the time too, but it makes for smoother Dforming.

• edited December 1969

you just have to have Genesis Selected, and not a particular node or limb. Screws me up all the time too, but it makes for smoother Dforming.
    LEGEND!
    Thank you so much for this... typical i wouldn't have tried that after using the gen 4 models XD
    thank you so much! that's fixed it.... now all i need is

If you want to convert your V4 morphs to Genesis you need to pick up Genesis Generation X and M4/V4 Shapes for Genesis.

i'm trying to use: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x-upgrade-from-gen4/ (or... something with the same icon... i can't remember which i bought...)
    for now, i'm trying to just get the ones i made to transfer... a starting-point... but all the morphs half-work... EG: a muscle morph has huge spikes comming out of it for no apparent reason. a pregnancy morph has a sort of 'tu tu' of extruded angles :(
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

i’m trying to use: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x-upgrade-from-gen4/ (or… something with the same icon… i can’t remember which i bought…)
    for now, i’m trying to just get the ones i made to transfer… a starting-point… but all the morphs half-work… EG: a muscle morph has huge spikes comming out of it for no apparent reason. a pregnancy morph has a sort of ‘tu tu’ of extruded angles :(

Given it's working in some fashion, you probably bought the full version of Generation X : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x (unless you already had the original from Rendo, which was a separate program rather than a plugin)

Were the morphs you tried to convert for V4/M4? If they were for another figure, then you also need the appropriate shapes pack to get the same results.

The conversion process should be
    Load V4/M4 into Gen X
    Load morph pack into Gen X
    Select the morphs you wish to transfer
    Ensure 'Selected Morphs' is set (large button below list of morphs)
    Ensure appropriate figure is selected (next button down)
    Press 'Transfer'

That should be all there is too it. When you say "i’m trying to just get the ones i made to transfer" are you talking about individual morphs you made yourself? In which case I'd suggest trying a purchased morph pack to confirm that Generation X is working.

• edited December 1969

Yes, it was a sepperate programme that i can't find now (new external hard-drives and bad filing... bad combo...)
    i am trying to transfer both the ones i made myself and the ones i have on this figure... but because of the incredible mess of all my content folder i've converted all the morphs i use to one CR2. it has everything from CDI to NBM and even some odd comunity ones i think i got from a message-board that went down last year...

I can't find if i have the legacy shapes or Gen 4 shapes, so i'm trying to just get my morphs to work till then. but they're not the same anymore. they transferr messy and not as they were on V4. I think i bought them when i had the platinum membership... but since then, as i say, my wonderful "stick it in a folder in a folder in a folder that i may have moved into another folder" filing has let me down...
    I'm not using M4 to genesis yet, i'm starting small... at least, till i find the instalation files XD

thanks to everyone for the help. i realy apreciate it :)