how install mesh grabber ?

Hello,
I would like to install Mesh Grabber. When I launch the installation app, everything goes normally but nothing installs and I can't find the mesh grabber tool in the "tools" menu bar.
Can anyone help me ?

Comments

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

You need a serial number to use mesh grabber. Look in your account>serial numbers.

But frequently after the purchase of a plugin, the serial number is not automatically generated and you have to submit a ticket.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,331

Actually I don''t believe there is a serial number for Mesh Grabber - I certainly don't seem to have one, but have used Mesh Grabber since February 2020.

First question: how did you install? You say "launch the installation app" - fo you mean DIM, Daz Central , Daz Connect or a manual install?

Was  Daz Studio running while you installed - you may just need to stop Daz Studio and restart it for the tool to show up.

When you say "the tools menu bar" - it won't be on the tools menu bar as such unless you put it there, it will be in the tools drop-down menu.

Finally - I presume you are running Daz Studio 64-bit application? (Most people would be nowadays, but a 32-bit exists and Mesh Grabber won't work with it)

• Thank you for your answer MelanieL and alainmerigot,
    LelanieL, I installed mesh grabber manually (I have it in zip version) and yes I restarted daz afterwards. It does not appear in the Window/Panes drop-down menus or in Tools. I have the 64 bit version of DAZ.
    In short, I swim...

edited February 2022

OK, so you definitely installed it in (your version of) C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 with the manual and the Mesh Grabber.dsx files in the "docs" subdirectory and the .dll in the "plugins" subdirectory? Can you see them all in those locations now (i.e. something hasn't removed them)?

ETA: I'm assuming you are Windows not Mac - if the latter, I'm sorry but I've no idea where anything is supposed to go.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Thank you MelanieL, It was the dll that was not installed. Everything works perfectly now, thanks to your help. I look forward to exploring all its possibilities.
    Thanks again.

• niltonburgosbniltonburgosb Posts: 0
    edited July 23

blanco1754 said:

Thank you MelanieL, It was the dll that was not installed. Everything works perfectly now, thanks to your help. I look forward to exploring all its possibilities.
    Thanks again.

Hello, I read your post that you solved your problem with the manual installation of Mesh Grabber. Could you tell me what the installation path is please? And what steps did you take?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

Close DS. Extract DLL files from IM packages of Mesh Grabber (MF_meshgrab.dll, MF_meshmorph.dll, MF_meshrot.dll) to : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins (for beta ver: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins). Launch DS

• n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 152
    edited July 27

Apologies, I too have a zip file of Mesh Grabber. Which pathway (See attachments) is used to manually install it as it's not clearly stated? Can Daz IM be used and how? 

MG 1.JPG
    388 x 166 - 8K
    MG 2.JPG
    731 x 278 - 32K
    MG 3.JPG
    620 x 476 - 60K
    Post edited by n.aspros123 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,950
    Did you buy Mesh Grabber in the Daz Store? If so, it is ready for DIM installation with no manual intervention necessary. If you got a Mesh Grabber zip someplace else, it is most likely not a legal file. There are many pirate sites illegally offering Daz files.
    edited July 31

barbult said:

Did you buy Mesh Grabber in the Daz Store? If so, it is ready for DIM installation with no manual intervention necessary. If you got a Mesh Grabber zip someplace else, it is most likely not a legal file. There are many pirate sites illegally offering Daz files.

Yes.

Post edited by n.aspros123 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,950
    Instead of installing the "bundle", you may need to install each bundled product separately. You should be able to find them in DIM. I didn't buy them as a bundle, so I don't have that bundle in my account to check.

Any good tutorials on using Mesh Grabber?

Tutorials from ManFriday's youtube channel will do ~ https://www.youtube.com/@manfriday5390/videos

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 127

Hi there, (I bought the bundle) Is there any way to install the "rotations" add on manually? I gave up on it a while back cause that part had to be done through the DIM, according to the PA, and my PC with D/S is offline. Just wondered if anybody figured out a way that I hadn't seen. The bundle price was lower than the individual items at the time so I didn't lose money on it - just can't use it.crying laughThanks / peace

3DmentiaNull said:

Hi there, (I bought the bundle) Is there any way to install the "rotations" add on manually? I gave up on it a while back cause that part had to be done through the DIM, according to the PA, and my PC with D/S is offline. Just wondered if anybody figured out a way that I hadn't seen. The bundle price was lower than the individual items at the time so I didn't lose money on it - just can't use it.crying laughThanks / peace

My PC with D/S is also offline, but I installed and use DIM on it anyway.

I download (using DIM) on my online laptop, copy the files that DIM downloads (.zip and .dsx) to a USB stick and copy from that to my offline PC. Then I  point DIM there to the library where I copied those files to and run it in offline mode.

edited August 23

3DmentiaNull said:

I wonder... how could you get the product package if your PC is offline ~~

Anyway, if you've downloaded the IM package, check the above post that I showed how to manually install plugin DLL files into your DS application folder. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8806861/#Comment_8806861

SNAG-2024-8-24-020.png
    1797 x 209 - 40K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Thanks very much for the comments! I just checked my product library to see if anything had changed, but it's the same, Mesh Grabber and Mesh Grabber Morph Editor are manual download .exe files, that I succesfully installed, but Rotations has no download link at all. You both seem to confirm that it's just another .dll file that could have been put in a .zip but it wasn't done for some reason.

I download (using DIM) on my online laptop, copy the files that DIM downloads (.zip and .dsx) to a USB stick and copy from that to my offline PC. Then I  point DIM there to the library where I copied those files to and run it in offline mode.     That's a great solution! Sorry I didn't mention my online PC is running Linux - I download things at the library too but I wouldn't be able to first install the DIM there either. I guess there's actually a way to install some win programs in linux but that's out of my league, so far.  Anyway, thank you both!smiley/ peace 

3DmentiaNull said:

Thanks very much for the comments! I just checked my product library to see if anything had changed, but it's the same, Mesh Grabber and Mesh Grabber Morph Editor are manual download .exe files, that I succesfully installed, but Rotations has no download link at all. You both seem to confirm that it's just another .dll file that could have been put in a .zip but it wasn't done for some reason.

I download (using DIM) on my online laptop, copy the files that DIM downloads (.zip and .dsx) to a USB stick and copy from that to my offline PC. Then I  point DIM there to the library where I copied those files to and run it in offline mode.     That's a great solution! Sorry I didn't mention my online PC is running Linux - I download things at the library too but I wouldn't be able to first install the DIM there either. I guess there's actually a way to install some win programs in linux but that's out of my league, so far.  Anyway, thank you both!smiley/ peace 

Maybe you could try opening a support request explaining your situation and ask if DAZ can send you a copy of the .zip file for Rotations? It may take a while to get a repsonse, but  worth it if they will oblige?

3DmentiaNull said:

Ah... np~ I have no exp. of using linux, but simply dumping DLL files into plugins folder always works. Have fun !

• ElorElor Posts: 1,141

There is a discussion about Daz and Linux, which seems to be the best place to ask if installing DIM on Linux is possible:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/60901/daz-studio-and-linux/p1

edited August 25

MelanieL crosswind Elor   Thanks for the responses! I requested a .zip for any one of the D/S bridges but had no luck, but it might be worth a try to request the Rotations .dll. Thanks for the suggestion! Re: the Linux forum, looks like people are actually using D/S with WINE, etc, I had only read some of the oldest pages which were somewhat discouraging - maybe installing DIM is doable even with my Linux noobness, thanks for steering me back there! Crosswind, you're still the "world's greatest authority"laughand I much appreciate everyone's input / peace

Post edited by 3DmentiaNull on
  • Can Mesh Grabber be installed into 4.22.1 Beta? It's installed into 4.22.

DAZ 4.22.1 MG 1.png
    429 x 416 - 34K
    DAZ 4.22.1 MG 2.png
    525 x 455 - 44K