WIP comming soon, The Tube. (commercial)

DogzDogz Posts: 898
edited January 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

After alot of delays.....(budum tish)

w1.jpg
1600 x 1600 - 1M
w3.jpg
1600 x 1600 - 1M
w4.jpg
2500 x 2000 - 2M
w5.jpg
1400 x 1400 - 2M
w6.jpg
1600 x 1600 - 2M
w7.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 568K
Post edited by Dogz on

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

Makes me (expatriate Londoner) feel homesick.

I feel that the train in the third image should be more colorful. That particular type usually seems to have a red front, blue stripe along the bottom of the chassis, and red doors.

(I have now descended into the rabbit hole of tube train nerdery, and after extensive Googling I am now able to tell you that this appears to be a 1973 Stock train, as seen on the Piccadilly line -- and a pretty faithful representation of one. Kudos!)

Will the finished model have the appropriate paint scheme, or are you avoiding the exact color scheme for fear of possible trademark problems?

• DogzDogz Posts: 898
    edited January 2022

Yeah also a former Londener and now expat myself - hence the product choice.

The model is more base dont the Victoria/Bakerloo line version, No worries regarding the colours - im not one to skimp on mats (see attached) Legally I should be ok with the colours,just not the LU roundel which is heavily copyrighted, but easy enough for users to add one to the exterior texture file if desired.

Station is in the works also, not such a useful product without one. I know we have Jacks park side in PC, but felt we could use an updated one (iray etc) and bespoke to fit this vehicle..

WIp8.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 623K
    Post edited by Dogz on
  • As someone who is not a Londoner, but as someone who now lives near London I'd say it looks very accurate, and the models are impressive. I have many memories of sitting in carriages like that. I hope to find a good memory one day, but in the meantime I have memories. It's strange how just seeing these images triggers memories of the inimitable smell of the underground and the unique sound of the trains shaking, rattling and rolling. I went on my first solo trip in one of those when I was 10 in the mid 1970's, traveling from Germany to Somerset on my own - terrifying, but mostly only in retrospect. Odd that the carriages were nearly new, I can remember them as quite delapidated, but maybe I caught a few trains before the introduction of the 1973 pattern for all rolling stock.
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874

Just wondering, are the individual cars rigged so you can turn off the ceiling or walls, or the front or back, or anything like that?

vwrangler said:

Just wondering, are the individual cars rigged so you can turn off the ceiling or walls, or the front or back, or anything like that?

That is something i would normally do (for sake of lights and cameras) But not on this occasion, due to round design it was more fiddly than usual to break it up without creating unwanted visible seams. And in tests using a camera with a wider fov seemed to work fine for the interior and chracter placement. Instead the rigging is focussed on all the moving parts, doors, wheels grab handels, etc.
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

Just so long as your station model includes the Gap.

("Mind The Gap!")

bytescapes said:

Just so long as your station model includes the Gap.

("Mind The Gap!")

Sadly I cant! :( belive it or not.....

https://wiki.gettyimages.com/the-london-underground-and-mind-the-gap/

• PhloxPhlox Posts: 95

How wonderful, I'm also a Londoner living in another land - and this makes me feel so nostagic. I can almost feel the fuzzy material on the seats... which reminds me - you might need old trodden-in grey gum for the floor laugh looks pretty perfect to me though.