How do you remove a "tag" from an item in the tips/info/tag pane?

How do you remove a "tag" from an item in the tips/info/tag pane?

It easy enough to add a tag to an item, just hit the "Apply Changes" button, but I haven't found where to edit the tags if you were to want to remove or change one. Still learing my way around the menu systems and backend of Studio. Afraid I might screw something up if I poke around too deep.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Perfect! Not sure I would have found this any time soon. Thank you. Thank you.

Over the years, in digital photography, I've learned the value of a good tagging system. My daz collection is quickly growing. Things get lost, or are forgotten about in the moment of creating. Tags are a great way of keeping assets fresh and available when you need them. I'd rather have my time spent creating than hunting for assests. Gettin' organized (and I can finally fix a few typos in my tags). Have a great day, cridgit!

• hillwater@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 35
    edited February 2022

Not sure how I missed this. I've discoverd (quite by accident) that you can add, remove, or edit asset tags right there in the Tags tab. No need to go to the Content Editor (which was turning out to be a long way to go about it).

When you create a tag in the tags pane on an item, it remains in the text field (in addition to being added to the content DB). Anything in that field remains editable. More than one tag is added with comma separators. Delete everything in the field, edit a portion of that field, whatever changes you make are applied to the DB when you "Apply Changes". My tagging life just got so much easier.

Add a tag: type your tagName in the text field then press Apply Changes

Remove a tag: delete the tagName from the text field then press Apply Changes

Easy as that. Hope this helps others.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 602
    edited July 2023

Thanks to @hillwater's post above, I learned that tags that are added by the user remain in the text field and can be edited in the future. What about the default tags that are added by a product's vendor.  Can they be modified/deleted?  I am adding vendor names to products today so that I can more easily search for content by vendor.  Today, I located a few products from a couple of vendors from whom I have many products but many of them did not have the vendor’s name as a tag.  Adding the new vendor tag was no problem, but I found other products that have a default tag of Lost and Found.  Such a tag is absolutely useless since I have categorized all of the content but I cannot remove the tag.  Any suggestions?

Tags.jpg
    887 x 590 - 95K
    Post edited by jjoyner on