Genesis 8.1 - Power Pose dots for face are missing

Hi,

Genesis 8 had a lot of blue dots for the face in the Power Pose face window 

Genesis 8.1 has only 3 dots, see screenhot. 

QUESTION:

should Genesis 8.1 have more blue dots? Or the 3 is intentional, and I have everything setup correctly?

SCREENSHOT / VIDEO PLEASE:

Can someone please show me a screenshot / video, showing:

- Genesis 8.1 being in the scene

- 1st face panel inside inside the Power Pose window.

---> I would like to see how many blue dots you have

Note:  the 1st face window in Power Pose is the one which is NOT colourful.

SOMEONE ALREADY ANSWERED, BUT NO LUCK:

I saw that a user called "PerttiA" did answer to similar questions. He pointed to this download page:

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_42071

But this solution did nothing on my side. 

Thanks for any info!

Daz - Power Pose issue.png
394 x 631 - 150K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,527
    edited February 2022

Which version of Daz Studio is this? Sorry, I was thinking that this might be a version issue but I see the same in the current General Release

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • But it's not clear from your answer if...

...if it's intentional?

.. it's a bug / mistake by the developers?

.. I made something wrong?

The promo page for Victoria 8.1 says "Enhanced Power Pose Panel for Face". Quote from: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1#facial

But from what I see, this is everything but enhanced. Power Pose is totally unusable for Genesis 8.1

What's going on?

Thanks!

• The new pose panel is a separate item, in the Anatomy folder for the figure, not PowerPose. As far as I know the current state is correct, though there is nothing to stop a third-party from taking the default template and developing a better PowerPose template for Genesis 8.1 the way Daz has for Genesis 8.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

This is how it looks on 4.15.0.2

Maybe it makes a difference, how the templates are installed?

PPTemp.jpg
    1200 x 593 - 77K
  • Oh, yes - switch the Template to Face rather than Head and it does show a lot of controls. Sorry, I don't really use PowerPose and had forgotten that step.

• Steve P.Steve P. Posts: 31
    edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

This is how it looks on 4.15.0.2

Maybe it makes a difference, how the templates are installed?

I wonder if you are the only one, by pure luck, who has the dots. I would be glad to see someone else's screenshot, just to double confirm this.

Install:

- I tried on a fresh Virtual Machine, totally new Daz Studio install for the sake of debugging. Everything was done via Daz Central - and yet I don't have the dots.

- I also tried on my main machine, installing the ZIPs manually & reinstalling with DIM. I don't have the dots.

This is insane inconsistency. Daz Studio is a sort of Frankeinstein of Softwares, they just keep putting things on top of eachother, without real quality control.

Post edited by Steve P. on
    edited February 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Oh, yes - switch the Template to Face rather than Head and it does show a lot of controls. Sorry, I don't really use PowerPose and had forgotten that step.

Thank you, but I think you misunderstood the issue. Yes, I am aware of the 2nd Face Panel (the one which is colourful). I have those dots, that's not a problem. 

What is missing are the dots for the FIRST face panel (the plain grey face) inside the power pose window.

The two face panels are 2 different systems: the colourful is joint based, while the plain grey face panel is morph based.

Steve P. said:

The two face panels are 2 different systems: the colourful is joint based, while the plain grey face panel is morph based.

Maybe related... Have you removed the dummy files which prevent G8 base expressions from working on G8.1? 

• PerttiA said:

Maybe related... Have you removed the dummy files which prevent G8 base expressions from working on G8.1? 

No, I haven't. I didn't know this was possible. Are there detailed instructions on this?  But I am sure I will find somewhere via Google. Thanks anyway!

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

If you are logging in to DS and allowing DAZ Connect within DS to install/update the content, these same files may be found also in whereever DAZ Connect installs content, in ...\Data\Cloud\1_xxxxx\ (xxxxx is the SKU number of the product)

• Thanks, I will test it asap.

I already looked at it, and the dots I have, are controlling the G8 "Base Pose Head" morphs, which are not available if the default dummy files are in place.

edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

I already looked at it, and the dots I have, are controlling the G8 "Base Pose Head" morphs, which are not available if the default dummy files are in place.

Yes, it now works, I have the dots! Thank you, massive help!!! If you don't mind, a very last 2 questions:

1) And by any chance, are you aware of any potential problem(s) that could originate from removing these dummy files? I will remove them anyway, but I would like to understand the potential consequences.

2) And why do you think Daz installed these dummy files? Just to force me to repurchase facial expressions...?

Thank you!

1. If you look inside those files, you will see that they do nothing = They are there just to disable the G8 base expressions and base pose head morphs.
    I have not seen any ill effects having had them removed almost from the release of G8.1, there are just a couple of dials that have the same label for G8 and G8.1.
    The dummy files are a part of G8 Starter essentials, so you can easily get them back by reinstalling the starter essentials.

2. They have the new fancy face rig for G8.1, which I didn't like and G8.1 does have own FACS based base expressions, so...

• deafpervdeafperv Posts: 4

PerttiA said:

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

If you are logging in to DS and allowing DAZ Connect within DS to install/update the content, these same files may be found also in whereever DAZ Connect installs content, in ...\Data\Cloud\1_xxxxx\ (xxxxx is the SKU number of the product)

This no longer works. Has anyone found any solution?

deafperv said:

This no longer works. Has anyone found any solution?

No longer? What did you do?

Did you update the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials or let DS update them for you?

If you did, the update put the dummy files back and you need to remove them again. 

• PerttiA said:

I can confirm that this still works. Just need to remember to remove the *all* the 8.1 Base Pose Head and Expressions Morphs from both the main install directories and the cloud based directories.

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\
    ...\Data\Cloud\1_xxxxx\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\
    Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\
    ...\Data\Cloud\1_xxxxx\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ 
    ...\Data\Cloud\1_xxxxx\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ 
    ...\Data\Cloud\1_xxxxx\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ 

• biswamohansahu9biswamohansahu9 Posts: 1
    edited July 5

PerttiA said:

Yes this Works and only Down side is G8.1 Face control will not work but instead G8 Face control will work on G8.1 Figures btw G8 Face control is not free.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 011437.png
    1919 x 1026 - 868K
    Post edited by biswamohansahu9 on