PRobelm with clothing part displaying properly

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,604
edited December 1969 in New Users

I bought Major Cache which is a armor set for M4. It works great and looks really cool in preview mode.

When I render it, though, the chest is partially gone and missing. I'm not sure why, I checked to make sure parts aren't hidden and reloaded the chest piece, but it still looks all broken for some reason. Oddly, looks fine in preview mode.

. Is there anything anyone can suggest to make the chest re-appear?

I have attached a pic.

missing-chest.jpg
524 x 434 - 52K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

Does it do that if you render it on its own, not fitted to a figure? Which version of Major Cache is this - as i recall it's available for at least a couple of figures?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,604
    edited December 1969

Does it do that if you render it on its own, not fitted to a figure? Which version of Major Cache is this - as i recall it's available for at least a couple of figures?

It is Major Cache For Michael 4 -

When rendered alone it keeps its shape.

When using autofit to genesis, it looks good too almost like it will work. (picture on left is the preview mode)

.. But in rendering it does that super deformed thing you see in the picture. I tried it with a new genesis too, and it did the same thing I tried hiding the chest underneath and stuff, but it still looks warped. . Its a very stunning model. I hope I can get it to work on genesis.

I have attached a picture of how it looks in preview vs. how it renders. This is on a new model

genesispreview.jpg
    512 x 387 - 29K
    edited December 1969

Is smoothing on? If it has a smoothing modifier, try removing it. Also, does it have SubD applied (is there a Mesh Resolution group in the Parameters pane, with the Major cache figure selected)??

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,604
    edited December 1969

Is smoothing on? If it has a smoothing modifier, try removing it. Also, does it have SubD applied (is there a Mesh Resolution group in the Parameters pane, with the Major cache figure selected)??

Smoothing was on, and I turned it off, but it still renders with the deformed look whether it is on or off.

I went to the parameters and selected Mesh Resolution, but it only has one option: base.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, definitely something wrong here, and I think Autofit is the culprit.

The armour on the left was Autofit to Genesis, and then unfitted again, the one on the right was just loaded from the Content Library and is the M4 version. First image is Preview mode, second image is the render (even after it has been unfitted and Genesis removed from the scene)

Untitled-2.jpg
    716 x 750 - 74K
    Untitled-1.jpg
    706 x 732 - 87K
    edited December 1969

Just an upadate which may or may not not help. I have the M3 version of Major Cache, and the M3 shape for Genesis, and it Autofits correctly to the Genesis figure. I have no idea why the V4 version doesn't work as they both look exactly the same to me.

edited December 1969

I think it is a content bug, though it's always hard to say in cases like this. Anyway, please make a bug report to the Content or DAZ Studio 4 trackers on this.

edited December 1969