Projection Morph Manager (Commercial)

13»

Comments

• StarLabzStarLabz Posts: 62

I absolutely love every product from zev0.....but this one.  It has serious potentail but falls short due to placement of morphs.  I do not place my morphs i created in zBrush or other software in the normal actor field and have my own folders on the the G8 tree.  IF you dont have your morphs inside the HEAD / Body / hidden / Etc actor field then this script is useless.  Also i thought it would be useful in really straighening the morphs out like in the chest area, but it looks like all this app does is look at what is in the actor field / hidden field etc, and lists them.  Ummm, couldnt i just go to the clothing and look at the mporhs i used on G8 (generated morphs) and just dial it down???  I really thought this was the real deal script that would just smoothen out those crazy morphs while sticking close to the body and not just "Zeroing" or "changing the values that anybody could just go ont eh clothing and do it themselves.....  Donk...  Not only that, create and actual .proj morph to be saved out so everytime you dial in that specific morph it WORKS like Projections do.   This isnt a projection manager at all imho...  it's just a LOOK AT those MORPHS i used on my g8, but wait ONLY in these areas, sorry....  Anyone could do the same by just zeroing out those morphs on the clothing.... WHAT??? 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I like this product very much.  In some cases, it is easier to use than Fit Control.  In others, it's a good complement.

The only thing I've noticed is that it does not pick up some morphs.  Why would that be?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065

Can you give an example of what morph and on what item it is not showing?

• Cybersox said:

DaremoK3 said:

@gitika1 and @Cybersox  :

The problem is with the encrypted script (.dse) and not necessarily the script itself.  They are not backwards compatible, so if the script was encrypted in DS 4.20 it will only work in 4.20 and newer.

If Zev0's fantastic coder bitwelder would have encrypted the script in an earlier version such as 4.9, 4.10, 4.11, or 4.12, then it would have worked for all versions from 4.9 onwards (or whichever version + onwards).

If the script was an 'open' (.dsa) script, there wouldn't be an issue, but we can't have that can we?

So, no hope of a simple fix then?  I've bought every prior product Zev has ever released, including the ones from the other two stores, and I'd hate to have to put him on the "do not buy from list" going forward. 

I've got 4.14 as my main production version, and a 4.15.something public build installed as well. I ran into the issue to, but loading up the scene in 4.15, running the script there, saving the clothing item out as a wearable preset and loading the preset back into the scene in 4.14 worked a charm.

I'm loving this product, I used to get rid of these kind of autofit issues by saving the unwanted autofit change to geometry as a morph and then dialing that in at -100%, but this is so much better.

• spaspa Posts: 43

Love this product, but unfortunatly the breastacular morphs do not show up. In this case most important the nipple shapes.

Am I'm doing something wrong, or are these morphs not supported?

I will have a look at that product and see whats going on.

Zev0 said:

I will have a look at that product and see whats going on.

Much appreciated, thank you!

edited October 2022

Hi. It is working here. My used figure morphs are showing on Breastacular.

Capture.JPG
    2169 x 1361 - 162K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Zev0 said:

Hi. It is working here. My used figure morphs are showing on Breastacular.

Send you a pm

edited November 2022

Zev0 said:

Can you give an example of what morph and on what item it is not showing?

Today as an example, I tried Chest Depth that comes with the G8 Body Morphs.  It didn't show up in Projection Manager.  The Chest Depth from SY 200 morphs, however did, so I was able to accomplish what I wanted to. 

The item was the top from dForce CO Sweet Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D.  I wanted to add an item underneath, and needed some extra room.

Post edited by Sevrin on
    edited November 2022

Hmmm...I will have a look why it isn't showing....it is classified as a modifier shape..

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2022

Looking at the chest depth file in a text editor, we can see that it only affects scale...it's not a traditional vertex-delta morph. Daz Studio doesn't create projection morphs for those apparently.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Thanks for checking.  I have alternatives for G3 and G8, so those are not a worry.

• Hi, I was hoping this product would eliminate the clothing wrapping to my character like cling film. None of the paramaters changed in the Projection Manager worked how I was hoping they would. In fact, they made the model look alot worse.
    As you can see in the screen shot, my character has sagging breasts. The clothing should flow over the top and then drape naturally but instead it clings to the underneath of the breasts and looks very unnatural. Is this something your product should be able to solve or is there another solution? They only thing I can think of to do is minimize the size of the breasts until they are flat.

Thanks.