Noobie question. Imitate a person in DAZ ??? is it possible?

sebastian.bugnasebastian.bugna Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there.
I-m new to Daz (I'm an old maya generalist and so...)

I have to imitate a person in Daz. I'm having problems with face and clothing.
I've downloaded michael 4 and then 5.But I'm kinda lost here.

For example I didn't manage to change the lips width. Or a specific modifier for the chin.
I mean, in general, I feel that the only tool I have are sliders to mix the faces of predefined characters and by that way it's being very struggling to achieve any similarities with the person I'm trying to imitate.
I tried with shaping parameters and then I found some "called "Jamie morphs"' (for face expressions) but i guess they're not enough at all for this work. The render doesnt have to be realistic at all, the problem is the face not the final look of the render.

I didn't find any tutorial over there on how to imitate a person in daz. is it convinient?? I thoght that michael 5 would be the most versatile... ??

Any suggestions, tips, advices are most welcome!!! Thanks and forgive me for the SO-NOOBIE questions!

I'm attaching my disaster results until now, jeje!

C2.JPG
317 x 414 - 24K
C.JPG
477 x 824 - 53K
Post edited by sebastian.bugna on

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Look over in the Newcomer forum for Jaderail's Basics 101. Then look down for the discussion on using D-form.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

There are people who have developed the skill to match a photo just with dials (you need a good pool of morphs for this, BTW, the default Genesis doesn't have enough dials to do that, but you can purchase expansion packs. There is also a freebie on ShareCG with a good number of morphs here: www.sharecg.com/v/58198/ I think, except it's for Victoria)
    Another possibility is just to model the morph if you are into modeling (Hexagon, Wings 3D and Blender are free modelers).
    There are also programs that give a mesh out of a (pair) of photos, such as FaceShop and FaceGen. For the latter you only need the Exporter not the license to Facegen itself. It costs 99$ but you can try it out for free, but it stamps a huge SI on the forehead. This thread has information on FaceGen:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=176991&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• sebastian.bugnasebastian.bugna Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys!
    I obtained some better results with facegen but AS YOU TOLD , the facegen exporter puts a huge mark on the forehead.
    Mmmmmm////

I'll keep on trying, i'll end up with something I guess.....
    If someone has another advice it-s welcome too.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can fix the Face Gen with Hexagon. I just send to Hex from DS using the bridge. I then Zoom in on that part and select all the offending faces and move them back. It takes some getting used to but its not hard. Then just send back to DS and I save as a Morph. Then I just dial the Stamp away.