Just got DAZ. Where do I find the basic G8 body program?

I need that to really get going.

Likewise, what category are pre-made models (ready to run) classified under? I have tried searching every word I can think of and I am not finding a thing.

Comments

• You can install it from DazCentral, then open Daz Studio and it should be in your Smart Content Tab on the left side of your screen.

Hope this helps.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited March 2022

You are looking for the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials (or Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials and Genesis 8 male Starter Essentials) product download. Once downloaded and installed, you can find the base characters in the Content Library in People/Genesis 8 Female and People/Genesis 8 Male. In the Smart Content pane, you can find them in the Files tab in the Category of Default/Figures/People. In the Smart Content pane Products tab, you can find them in the Default/Figures/People/ Genesis 8 PowerPose Templates product. (Yes, the product name that Daz has assigned here is not at all helpful for finding the characters.)

Other characters sold by Daz will also appear in Smart Content in the Files tab under the same category, Default/Figures/People. In the Content Library, they will be under People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters or People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters.

Post edited by barbult on
  • cyclops08cyclops08 Posts: 15

I have DAZ studio 4.12. all I have available is Genisis 2 starter essentials. so...G8 is not in the catolog?

OK I found G8 in Daz and it says installed. am I good to go? is there a way to test this?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

Huh? You say you "just got Daz" but you have Daz Studio 4.12? Where did you get this? The current version is 4.20!

I sat on it until I got some free time

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

That is a long wait for some free time, LOL

Work 6 days a week and you will wait too. Now I work four 10 hour days with friday, saturday and Sunday off. I'm a free man now. more or less.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Go to your product library in your Daz Account.  There are various starter essential packages for each generation of genesis. Download the lighting package too. You can use Install manager or install manually.

So I've been researching the catologs. I haven't uploaded anything yet. is there an update buton in DAZ or should I just delete it and download 4.20?