How to create very good Environment - Background

Greetings, no matter how hard I try, I can't make the settings I want in the environment and background. This may be due to my bad English. However, I still need your help.
1-) As you can see in the picture, there is a black image in the window. How can I give this image a background (street-neighborhood) image? First of all, do I need to set the street view and install all the structures on it?

2-)When I add a circle it doesn't show up where I want it for some reason. I'm trying to adjust the settings but I'm never successful. Can anyone make a video for me?
3-) Is there a video explaining this from A to Z in writing or showing all the steps step by step?
These two threads helped partially, but didn't give me exactly what I wanted.
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/110746/how-do-i-add-background-images

hemenkestim1dk3.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 2M

Comments

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

As the video mentions, using HDRIs is a great way to have in iamge outside the window.

The same group that did your attached video has a tutorial page on using them at Daz3d HDRI Tutorial: What It Is and How to Use [2022] - RenderGuide.com

I have not read it through, but it does appear to cover all the basics.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060

have you got draw dome on checked under environment?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Doesn't matter with the built-in DS backdrop.

Are you sure the window is transparent?  In the Indian Bedroom 4 for example, the windows aren't transparent, you have to change Cutout Opacity to 0.99 or less to make them transparent.  See video:

https://www.screencast.com/t/QC6C1rTtski

Apart from that it seems to me that the backdrop sometimes isn't working correctly in DS 4.20.0.2 when using Iray Preview.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060

Taoz said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

if that is what they are using

I was thinking they were using a HDRi 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Taoz said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

if that is what they are using

I was thinking they were using a HDRi 

Maybe, I'm a bit uncertain about what they actually are trying to say.  But the video and the page they link to are both about the built-in DS Backdrop. 

Strange btw, it looks like the attached image in the OP disappears whenever I reply to the thread and the page reloads.  Have to close the thread and then reload it from the forum overview to get the image back.  Forum bug?

Taoz said:

Strange btw, it looks like the attached image in the OP disappears whenever I reply to the thread and the page reloads.  Have to close the thread and then reload it from the forum overview to get the image back.  Forum bug?

Seems that it only happens when I quote another post, so testing...

Taoz said:

Taoz said:

Seems that it only happens when I quote another post, so testing...

Yep, also happened here...

• The person who has the missing attached images has to "edit" their post, add a couple spaces somewhere and "save" the post. The images should then reappear.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

The attached images do not appear if you get to a thread through the Cog Gear menu for your profile posts.  As far as I can tell it's always been like that.  Confused the crap out of me until I figured it out.

• Using Firefox here. I find that attached images tend to stop appearing after a reply is made to said post.

• leyrisanleyrisan Posts: 15

Thank you for the responses. I just new see that this topic has been approved. What I want is;
    I have a window. I want to add a fixed city view to the back of my window like in the picture. And how can you bring the landscape you added to the focal point of your window. With which methods do you add this city view apart from HDRI?
    (I don't need the answer to the question that much anymore, but it is still an important issue for me to improve myself)

107,000+ Window Background Pictures

hemenkestim1dk3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M