Problem getting installed content to load

RelikyReliky Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello everyone,

I am very new to Daz Studio 4 and I have a couple of questions about an issue I'm having.

When I first installed the program none of the default content was showing up (Not in the Smart Content pane or the Content Library) - they were just empty.

After removing everything and re-installing I can now see the default content (Such as Hair, People, Props etc.) in both the smart content pane and the Content Library.

Now for the question - I've tried to install a couple of the free models/packages:

- Millennium 3D Dog Model LE: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-dog-le
- Enchanted Island: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/enchanted-island

After installing them and reloading Daz Studio 4, none of the additional content shows up anywhere. I still only have the default content.

Things I've checked:

- Install paths are correct for the content library and manager etc.
- That's about it ... not sure where to go from there.

Something that I'm not too sure about is whether these are compatible with Daz Studio 4 ... the pages say they are but I don't quite understand the 'ds' and 'dpc' stuff - (I don't have Poser)...

I'm using a 64-bit Windows 7 system.

One other thing - Most of the links don't seem to work properly either within the application, such as My Account and the Video links ... they take me to an invalid webpage on Daz's site ... I'm assuming the product is registered etc. as I've entered the Serial number several times (Although it doesn't seem to do anything after submitting it except close the window)...

Anyone have any ideas? I would definitely appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Most non-Genesis content will show up in the Content Library under "Poser Formats".

Enchanted Island should show up in the Content Library tab under "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > ART_Enchanted Island" (for the main scenes, replace "Figures" above with "Props" for the individual props, "Pose" for the material settings, "Camera" for the cameras, and "Light" for the lights). If they don't appear there, make sure the files are installed to the correct path, e.g. "...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\ART_EnchantedIsland" -- in particular, make sure there isn't a folder between "My Library" and "Runtime" in the path.

With nothing selected it should show up in Smart Content under "Default > Sets > Architecture > Exterior"

Millennium Dog LE will be under "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ Animals" in the Content Library, and "Default >Animals > Real-World > Land" in Smart Content.

• RelikyReliky Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your help - I am seeing a couple of issues though still ...

- I found Enchanted Island under the 'Poser Formats > My Library > ...' path in the Content Library tab - but in the Smart Content tab (with nothing selected) under Default > Sets > Architecture > ... there is only 'Interiors' that contains '!Preload'. My path seems to be correct (and I've re-installed): 'C:\Users\MyName\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\...'. It seems that even though I can see the Poser Format stuff in the Content Library it doesn't show up in the Smart Content. Is it supposed to be this way? (Sorry for being such a beginner question!!!)

- As for Millennium Dog LE, I am installing it to: 'C:/Users/MyName/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library', but in the Content Library tab under 'Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > ' All I see is 'ART_EnchantedIsland' and 'DAZ Dragons'. :(

Sorry to be such a pain, but I love this software so far and I definitely appreciate your help! :)

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Check if the path on your hard drive to the Dog has an extra folder between My Library and Runtime.

From teh Content Library tab, click on the options menu (rectangle in upper corner with horizontal lines) > Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata. Were you prompted when starting DS4 to import metadata for the new items?

edited August 2012

I was prompted the first time I ran the program but not since (after installing these items).

Weird thing is I can't find the Dog data anywhere in the Runtime folders...

When I go to Re-import the Metadata, I can see everything including the Millennium Dog and Enchanted Island, but after I do the import all that shows up (say under Figures) is ART_EnchantedIsland and DAZ Dragons... As a side note - I can see the Uninstallers in that respective folder for both the dog and island.

Whenever I try to render a scene all I get is a black image ... I wonder if there's just something funky with my computer? ... lol

Thanks again - strange stuff going on!

Edit: I tried re-installing the Millennium Dogs and when I relaunch Daz Studio it asks me to import the data ... but it still doesn't show up in the Content Library :\

Edit 2: Of note - If I navigate to Products > M > ... I can see Millennium Dog LE but I can't seem to do anything with it ... If I right-click and say 'Show In > Smart Content > Products' I see the dog icon but if I click it it just loads up an empty window ... Super weird lol

Post edited by Reliky on
    edited December 1969

Can you check the path on your hard drive to make sure it's My Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ Animals?

edited December 1969

What I have is:

\My Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\

But there is no DAZ Animals folder ... I only have 'ART_EnchantedIsland' and 'DAZ Dragons'.

:\

edited December 1969

Well I figured out what I was doing wrong as for finding the Millennium Dog content ... I wasn't installing both the .ds AND .dpc executable's ... Duhhhhh lol >_<</p>

Tried it on another computer and realized what I was doing wrong :\ ... Also for the rendering black thing ... I think it may be something I was doing with the scene - it seems to render a single model just fine.

Thank you for your help - Sorry for the trouble for such an easy solution!

:)