How to lock certain body parts into place?

nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

It's been awhile since I had to do something like this and I cannot remember how it is done or what function will allow me to do it.
I'm using a Genesis figure in Daz Studio 4.5. The character is chained to a wall by the wrists held in manacles. I want to be able to have the wrists stay (locked) inside the manacles while the rest of the body can be posed to squirm, twist left and right, move hips, etc.

I know there's either a parenting function or some kind of lock that has allowed me to do this in the past, but I can't seem to remember how it's done.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lee

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,666
    edited December 1969

That may be a little tricky if the manacles go around the forearms, as you won't have that much freedom to repose, but what you need to do is select both of the body parts that are in the manacles and then, with the Universal Manipulation tool active, click the little push-pin icon top-right of the manipulation widget and select the Pin Both option. after that, posing with the parameters or the tool should keep the hands in place, as long as that's possible. Alternatively you could just lock translations, especially if it's the hands, and then adjust the manacles rotation to fit the hands when done posing.

• nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard. Yes it was the pins that I was thinking of. That's what I used before, but I don't usually see them showing up (being displayed) when I select different body parts. But thanks for the reminder, I'll give that a try.