Could I use certain products to make my own custom character to sell?

Hey, I am fairly new here, been using Daz studio for a little while. I have only just started to try to get more good at it. I already started purchasing products but I want to make my own character to sell on either here or in other places. I know I cant use morphs from characters. I was thinking of buying the https://www.daz3d.com/200-plus-head-and-face-morphs-bundle-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-male-s

Could I use this on a plain genesis 8 models to shape and then sell? I hope this is in the right place I am posting. First time posting in the forums. Also, if not is there any good products to buy which allows me to create characters to sell.

Comments

• As long as what you sold was a preset, which required the user to have the morph pack installed, yes - but you can't use it to make a shape and bake that to a single morph that will work without the original pack.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,129

Depends how they are used and also check if they are actually merchant resources that are made to sell for the figure you are making the product for.

oh about those morph, as long as there is still a need for the morph product, I think it is okay.  One moment, hopefully.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

catastrophical0 said:

Hey, I am fairly new here, been using Daz studio for a little while. I have only just started to try to get more good at it. I already started purchasing products but I want to make my own character to sell on either here or in other places. I know I cant use morphs from characters. I was thinking of buying the https://www.daz3d.com/200-plus-head-and-face-morphs-bundle-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-male-s

Could I use this on a plain genesis 8 models to shape and then sell? I hope this is in the right place I am posting. First time posting in the forums. Also, if not is there any good products to buy which allows me to create characters to sell.

A product has to me a merchant resource in order to use it that way and this product is, just ceck the documentation to see how it can be used since each MR has it's own restrictions. ideally a person creating a character for a store will create their own morphs in a modeling app like Blender or zbrush.

• Thank you everyone for answering it helped a lot. Think for now I will continue learning by doing some rendering and trying to get them more realistic. Once I am more confident I will try and make my own character. Might also try to create a custom character through blender. Just loving Daz3d so far it is a really good piece of software. Thank you again everyone :)