animate hair

calaopiecalaopie Posts: 215
edited March 2022 in New Users

I have a little problem with face  animation. When I'm making face animation (blink,brow movements ect), the hair on the head also moves 

and they create some strange shapes.

Is it possible to fix it somehow 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Is this hair made for the figure you are using (Genesis whichever - the precise character doesn't matter) or hair that has been AutoFitted from another figure (did you get a pop-up dialogue asking which figure it was originally made for)?

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975

Hmmm .... this may create more problems than it solves depending on your situation .... but you might be able to unparent the hair from the figure and just have it placed in the correct area ... then the changes to the face probably would not effect it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited March 2022

you can autofit it to another hair for the figure instead of the figure then in the scene tab edit scene identification to the figure you want to fit it to.

Honestly the Autofit template for hair shouldn't be including the facial bones in the first place.

they are dummy conformers for hair and clothing 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • calaopiecalaopie Posts: 215

Richard Haseltine said:

Is this hair made for the figure you are using (Genesis whichever - the precise character doesn't matter) or hair that has been AutoFitted from another figure (did you get a pop-up dialogue asking which figure it was originally made for)?

these hairs are for g3 and I use g8, But I noticed that the hair for g8 has the same problem.

• calaopie said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Is this hair made for the figure you are using (Genesis whichever - the precise character doesn't matter) or hair that has been AutoFitted from another figure (did you get a pop-up dialogue asking which figure it was originally made for)?

these hairs are for g3 and I use g8, But I noticed that the hair for g8 has the same problem.

When you AutoFit using the default template you get the facial expression bones in the hair, which follow the bones in the figure - in most cases parenting is the simplest option, and it also preserves any custom bones for things like tails. Using another hair as the source in the Transfer Utlity may also, as Wendy suggests, be an option.

Genesis 8 hairs shouldn't generally do this, if they are from Daz I would suggest opening a support ticket.

edited March 2022

Using another hair as the source in the Transfer Utlity may also, as Wendy suggests, be an option.

I checked this option and unfortunately it does not work, hair look even worse and still move with facial expressions. 

Is it possible to remove bones from the hair?

• Yes, Tools>Joint Editor and it's in the right-click menu with the unwanted bone selected. You could also use the Node Weightmap brush tool to seelct each bone, select its maps in the Tool Settings pane, and clear the map via the right-click menu.

edited March 2022

Ok,I really don't get it, I removed  hair and reloaded it, I set everything up and the hair only had three bones (previously it was about 20 bones). 

Everything looks fine so far. 

Anyway, Thanks for help

Messy side bun

https://www.daz3d.com/messy-bun-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-s