Third party content not showing in DS

BladeBlade Posts: 5
edited March 2022 in New Users

Hello,

I am wondering what i am doing wrong about a content from third party for genesis 8 i installed manually but this content is not showing in DS 4.20,  i tried under windows and Mac OS.

The conten has 4 directories : Data, Documentation, People, Runtime

I located my daz library that contain similar files and i copiy/past the content, then in daz i refreshed, but still nothing showing. i was in all tabs and in file mode, nothing.

On the other hand if i directly double click the figure .duf file directly from the disk, it will open inside DS, but this way of proceeding is not good as i cannot browse and apply all the customization options...

So it is a fresh new install of DS 4.20 under windows 11, i asume there is no faulty installations issue, i logged my account, downloaded my packs etc. all fine.

Thank you for your help

Post edited by Blade on

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

First...  it's generally speaking not a good idea to dump 3rd party contents into your main Daz library because you can create a serious mess like that, it's easy to lose track of all the individual files. Instead I suggest creating a new dedicated folder for all your 3rd party contents, then adding that to the directory manager.

As to your question.. I'm assuming you looked around in the smart contents pane, but 3rd party contents won't "just" show up here; that requires so called "meta data". You need to open your content library pane, and check out the library in there. Check for Daz Studio format, the library you dumped the files in and then...  probably "People\Genesis 8\Characters\<artist name>\<item name>", or something close enough.

Hope this can give you some ideas. 

• BladeBlade Posts: 5
    edited March 2022

thank you for the hint about the dedicated directory, i did not know about that, i just followed the documentation who said i need to copy/past in the library, and also watched some youtube videos saying the same stuff.

i was too into the content libraray pane and did refresh an all lines including Daz Studio Format, nothing there either...

I will try the dedicated directory, to see if something changes but im not sure how to do, so i guess i create an empty directory, and copy those 4 directories of my third party content in it, and assign this new directory into directory manager.

Post edited by Blade on
  • BladeBlade Posts: 5

ok, i did a right click on Daz Studio format and i did "add base directory" and selected my content directory. Now the content is showing. i guess it is the right way. too bad the documentation supplied with the content was wrong.

thanks for the help.