Good animation tutorials for Daz Studio?

nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Now I remember why I don't do a lot of animations. AUUUGHHH!!!! It's so frustrating. I understand about key frames and how to use them, but it seems that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I successfully animated a camera movement on the timeline using keyframes. But then I tried to move the characters neck, I twisted the neck about halfway in the timeline and even though a new keyframe automatically popped up, I still clicked on insert keyframe here (while the neck body part was selected) and as soon as I moved the scrubber in the timeline, the keyframe disappeared and the neck was in the same position before I moved it.

I obviously don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone recommend some GOOD tutorials on animation -Not "Animate"- but just the basic animation functions within Daz Studio. The tutorials in the online help section mostly deal with "Animate" and Puppeteer.

Thanks,
Lee

Comments

• edited December 1969

I thinks it's easy to forget where you are on the timeline. Also Studio doesn't have good animation tools, so using rotation and translation dials don't necessarily do what you want.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

don't we need first good animation tools inside dazstudio before we talk about animation tutorials?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

>reativemodelsbe

Yes,, I thought and asked about good tutorial for animation Timeline tools and papettier, for daz studio.

but now I can agree with you perfectly.

see timeline tool,, we may need not anything to learn.

if genesis wear clothings , it is so difficult for posing by just drug node.

you must turn off every mesh smoothing option when you pozing I think.
    or use parameter (which is not intuitive at all)

and if you want to just reset her pose, so menu>figure 0 pose,
    genesis fly to the start point, she leave camera and director.

there is just one record for one view. it seems we can not record for some cameras
    and change the camera .

there is only so simple key frames which can record as you see in scene view.
    yes you can add key or delete key. and,, what you can else?

I need only papettier and animate 2 tutorials for animation.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

@Leee: it may be a bug. Are you sure you clicked on add keyframe ("Create Keys") and not the button next to it? For what's it worth, I find I sometimes need to redo some keys for some reason, in particular make sure you do the key(s) on the 0 frame first of all. Doing the later frames then going back can cause issues.