Beware store. It might let you purchase something twice.

Beware the store. I just purchased and item that would not show up in the installer so checked and I purchased this item already and forgot. it was not flagged purchased and there was now warning in the cart yet the installers smart enogh be be like na you own that... out 10$ and a coupon i would of otherwise have saved for later. just be mindful and do not trust the store.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

Suibmit a help request and ask for a refund. You have 30 days after purchase to request a refund.

• FedermannFedermann Posts: 111

"Beware store. It might let you purchase something twice."

Customer service, after contacting them, swiftly gave me a store credit when I had bought a bundle that was already included in a larger bundle that I had purchased years earlier. 

It is true though that the checking out/completing your purchase routine at the DAZ3D website would benefit from a more thorough check with regard to earlier purchases. The current DAZ3D shopping cart allows you to fill it with any item you already own and you'll receive no warning at all at any point in the checkout routine culminating in unnecessary payments.

• Sometimes you forget to check "Hide Items I Own" browsing the DAZ3D catalog
    • Sometimes you are not logged in and the system does not know which items you already own
    • The little download cloud icon (product tiles in catalog lists) on items that you already own is easily overlooked

Additionally, it would be a great feature when buying a bundle, the shop won’t charge you for individual items in such a bundle that you already own; I do realize that the price of a bundle often (not always!) is lower than the sum total of individual items it contains (if purchased separately) and it is not that easy to assess how much value your previously bought items represent with regard to that bundle but any rebate would be better than none. I have seen that in some DAZ3D promos, previously purchased items DO result in discounts so that solution could easily be rolled out to any bundle on offer. The absence of such discounts often makes me forego buying a bundle when I already own one or two items but at times, I have bought bundles despite owning one or more items, in those cases the bundle was just too good to pass on…

• Believe it or not, sometimes one DOES want to purchase an item twice. However one does always want to be aware if they have already made a purchase of the product.

There are also a few items that get released as "new" in the store, and they really do look like other products that were released previously.

• FedermannFedermann Posts: 111

Catherine3678ab said:

Believe it or not, sometimes one DOES want to purchase an item twice. However one does always want to be aware if they have already made a purchase of the product.

There are also a few items that get released as "new" in the store, and they really do look like other products that were released previously.

Pls enlighten me, why would you purchase an item twice? It won't install twice. 

• Federmann said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Believe it or not, sometimes one DOES want to purchase an item twice. However one does always want to be aware if they have already made a purchase of the product.

Nope. One day when you want to/need to, you'll understand ;-)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

There no reason to need to buy an item twice.  What to look out for is items that where part of a bundle will often not be marked as purchsed on their own store page.

• Yes there is ;-) Sometimes even more than twice devil

If one has been purchasing Pro bundles though, watch 'cause the Starter bundles will show as not purchased when in fact one has everything in that bundle.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    Catherine is correct.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,403

Federmann said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Well for one thing there are items like gift certificates or memberships.

Regarding "regular" items, sometimes you may want to repurchase an item you already have to trigger a promotion. For example during the past PC anniverary sale there was an offer where you could get 8 items from a selected category for a very low price. If you already owned most of the items from that category and wanted to take advantage of the offer to get the ones you didn't already own, you may have needed to repurchase items you already owned to reach the qualifying number of items.

There's also the case of purchasing a bundle which containes items you already have, which in effect means repurchasing those items.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,266
    edited April 2022

I rather like the "fun reason" ... it takes 50 sheep to make one book angel {that's why it's nice their price is low}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on